POWDR Payroll and Benefits Administrator in Bend, Oregon
At Mt. Bachelor we Deliver memorable experiences. Enhance people's lives. Have fun doing it! If you have a passion for outdoor adventure and making great things happen, you belong here!
In the Payroll & Benefits Administrator role you will be part of a team that is responsible for bi-weekly payroll, benefit administration, HRIS reporting and analysis. As a key member of the Human Resources team you will strive to deliver outstanding employee experiences with a high level of customer service and as time allows you may also have the opportunity to support other HR functions such as seasonal hiring and employee events.
- Daily management of all employee information by using a variety of HRIS products.
- Process bi-weekly payroll using ADP HRIS System.
- Distribute company paychecks on a bi-weekly basis.
- Process off cycle, special, bonus, stop pay/reissue check requests.
- Maximize the use of pay cards for non-direct deposit elected staff.
- Review and assist with solving problems identified on various payroll and timekeeping reports including but not limited to; missing punches, sign off reports, hours worked, overtime pay, sick pay and other paid time off.
- Ensure Payroll and Timekeeping interfaces are completed successfully on a daily basis. Review interface errors on a daily basis.
- Track the rate of problem timecards/special checks for each department.
- Maintain payroll files, audit payroll records, correct errors, and maintain accuracy of time keeping system on a regular basis. Review all timecards to ensure time has been approved by management prior to processing payroll.
- Maintain garnishments and withholdings, employment verifications, and other compliance documents.
- Pull reports and assist with bonus calculations to process bonus payrolls.
- Ensure correct benefits deductions from payroll and administer deductions in arrears when necessary.
- Answers questions from department and company leadership related to pay and benefits deductions and resolve any issues. Troubleshoot employee problems with error in time and labor reporting.
- Track employee Sick and PTO time. Make corrections to accruals as needed.
- Work with ADP to ensure accuracy and make adjustments to annual W2's and required state and federal tax reporting. Complete the W2 processing and distribution for the company.
- Administer the annual Open Enrollment process, working with the HR Director and the Third Party Administrator (TPA).
Own the administration of the benefit process from cover to cover, including but not limited to:
Assisting the HRD in yearly plan design, measure and determine employee eligibility in accordance with the plan, communicate eligibility and facilitate employee enrollment, administer the plan, ensure accurate benefits deductions and adjustments are included in payroll, constantly measure hours worked of enrolled staff to operate within the eligibility design, close the current plan year and starts the next plan year. This is a continual cycle.
- Effective processing of benefit eligibility and materials
- Administer benefit enrollments and terminations
- Administer the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Oregon Family Leave Act (OFLA) processes as they pertain to eligible employees within the company when qualifying life events are experienced.
- Responsible for COBRA Administration and compliance in conjunction with the TPA. Maintain confidentiality and ensure security of personnel and company data.
- Ensure accurate processing of Benefit Checklists, Termination Checklists, etc.
- Is intimate with and communicates all Perks & Benefit information to all employees and works with HR team to deliver all employee perks to staff.
- Audit proper distribution of Perks & Benefits.
- Track hours worked, earnings, and staff eligibility to take part in company bonus and incentive programs. Process the compensation outcomes of these programs through payroll.
- Ensure delivery of 401k elections data to 401k TPA and the correct input of data into payroll system. Process all 401k loan requests.
Experience & Education:
- Minimum two years payroll or accounting experience, required
- Experience working with ADP's HRIS system, strongly preferred
- College degree in accounting, business, math, human resources or other related field; equivalent on the job experience in lieu of a degree
- Must be extremely proficient with Excel and able to quickly learn new software
- Knowledge of payroll compliance resources and the ability to research and ensure payroll compliance
- American Payroll Association, World at Work and/or SHRM certification, a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled