The Corvallis Clinic Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in Corvallis, Oregon
The Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) provides patient care in accordance with established methods and techniques and conforms to recognized standards.
- Will participate and maintain a culture within The Corvallis Clinic that is consistent with the content outlined in the Service and Behavioral Standards Handbook. To this end, employee will be expected to read, have familiarity, and embrace the principles contained within.
- Direct patient flow and prepare patients for exams.
- Facilitate collection of all necessary information required for patient visits. Accurately record pertinent information in the EHR and ensure necessary patient care documentation is processed and done so in a timely manner.
- Accept and return patient phone calls in a timely manner, as per provider direction, with accurate documentation.
- Assist providers with clinical procedures as directed per national standards of practice.
- Improve the quality of care through continuing education and self-evaluation of the effectiveness of care. This includes attendance and participation in most in-services/department meetings, and remaining current on clinic/department policies and procedures.
- Proactively monitor provider schedules for accuracy.
- Perform injections under direct supervision of provider per clinic policy, as needed.
- Actively participate in the cleaning of shared work areas. Keeping exam rooms clean, neat and stocked.
- Participate in the orientation and training of new employees. Education/Licensure/Experience:
Certificate from a medical assistant program (AAMA or NCCT), OR EMT certification, Paramedic certification, or Military Corpsman certification
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to work well with providers, clinical staff and patients
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously in a busy, fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work