University of Oregon Enterprise Systems Developer in Eugene, Oregon
Enterprise Systems Developer
Apply nowJob no:522055
Work type:Officer of Administration
Appointment Type and Duration:Regular, Ongoing
Salary:Commensurate with education and experience
Compensation Band:OS-OA09-Fiscal Year 2017-2018
Application Review Begins
April 27, 2018; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
A resume/CV and;
A cover letter indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications for the position.
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Any application missing the above documents/information may be considered incomplete.
In order to ensure consideration, please submit your application materials prior to or on the listed review date.
If you would like to view the complete position description including the duties please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the job title and job number in the subject line.
Information Services (IS) is the central information technology unit at the University of Oregon and provides wide ranging services to campus. Information Services consists of four major functional areas: Customer Experience, which serves as the key contact point for interactions with campus clients and customers; Applications & Middleware, which manages and supports applications, integration services, identity management and data management; Information Security, which helps protect virtual or physical information; and Technology Infrastructure, which provides administration and support for the software, hardware, and services needed to support the campus IT environment. Information Services also includes the Advanced Network Technology Center. IS works closely with the Network for Education and Research in Oregon.
Established in 1876, the University of Oregon offers a breadth and depth of curricula with more than 270 academic programs and provides the opportunity to work at a respected research university with a strong holistic, liberal arts foundation. The UO also has a history of political and social involvement that embraces diverse beliefs, cultures, and values, and it is committed to environmental responsibility.
The University is also proud of its newly-announced Phil and Penny Knight Campus for Accelerating Scientific Impact, an initiative specifically designed to fast-track scientific discoveries and the process of turning those discoveries into innovations that improve the quality of life for people in Oregon, the nation and beyond. Information Services collaborates with Research and Innovation and our schools and colleges to support the research, teaching, and learning mission of the university.
Eugene is the home of the University of Oregon. Located in the lush Willamette Valley, Eugene is well-known for outdoor pursuits like running, cycling, rafting, and fishing, as well as arts, music, crafts, brewing, wine-making, and community-supported agriculture. With branches in Portland and on the Oregon coast, the UO is deeply connected to Oregon's natural and cultural treasures.
Reporting to the Director of Middleware and Application Development, the Enterprise Systems Developer is responsible for the management and administration of middleware technologies and application services. This includes provisioning and configuring application environments, configuring integration with databases, authentication services, and other enterprise systems as well as installing and patching application infrastructure components, and administering application settings. Additional duties require enterprise application development, data and process integration.
Though this position does not directly supervise professional IT staff, the Enterprise Systems Developer possesses authority to formulate and carry out management decisions or represent management's interest to taking discretionary actions as appropriate. The incumbent will be expected to work both independently as well as in a team environment. This position works within the Applications and Middleware unit of Information Services.
This position will participate in on-call rotations.
Candidates who promote and enhance diversity are strongly desired.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of skills and experience.
• Three years' experience administering and working with middle-tier infrastructure and technologies:
Web and application servers (Apache, IIS, Tomcat, Weblogic, etc…);
Enterprise distributed storage architecture (NFS, etc…);
Application load balancer architecture (F5, etc..).
• Experience in application development (web, API or integration).
• Working knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and web services standards.
• Knowledge of relational database systems such as Oracle and MySQL.
• Ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and students from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills.
• Ability to adapt within a rapidly changing technical environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to audiences with a wide range of technical skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• An understanding of the security issues involved in maintaining and safeguarding institutional data.
• Primary experience installing and managing applications running on Microsoft Windows Server Infrastructure (although Linux infrastructure experience is helpful) integrating with databases, authentication services and other enterprise systems.
• Experience with application development tools and technologies such as Java, Groovy, Perl, PHP, Python, XML, JSON and scripting tools such as Bash or Windows Powershell.
• Experience with automation and continuous integration tools and technologies such as Puppet, Jenkins, Rundeck, automated test frameworks, etc.
• Experience implementing and supporting high availability enterprise services.
• Experience with ITIL or ITSM.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the statement of non-discrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at http://police.uoregon.edu/annual-report.
Advertised:30 Mar 2018Pacific Daylight Time