PeaceHealth Manager of Security in Eugene, Oregon
PeaceHealth is seeking a Manager of Security - Public Safety for a Full Time, Day position.
JOB SUMMARY Directs and manages all Security operations which may include some or all of the following depending on the community needs: chemical decontamination, workplace violence initiatives, fire/life-safety training, security and loss prevention programs and initiatives, training and heliport ambulance transfers.
Monitors and documents security activities, produces reports for a variety of committees as assigned, evaluates trends and recommends corrective actions as appropriate.
Ensures that all departmental activities are in compliance with all required regulatory agencies, authorities and codes.
Collaborates with the Director to determine the highest and best use of access control systems and digital recording systems and other security technology and patient safety priorities.
Takes part in hospital safety/security assessments and hazard and vulnerability assessments as applicable. Works closely with the Safety Manager to ensure a safe and secure hospital environment.
Manages and maintains parking program, security and safety for all parking lots, buildings and equipment.
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Business or Education with additional training in Security or equivalent preferred.
• Five years of Security, Law Enforcement, Military Security, Loss Control or Emergency Management/Incident Management experience required.
• Minimum of three years of previous leadership experience required.
• Experience in healthcare preferred.
• Current CPR certification required.
• Must have and maintain a current State driver’s license.
• Supervisory certification by IAHSS preferred with willingness to obtain certification.
• Memberships in International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) and the American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS) preferred.
• Must be familiar NIMS and National Response Plan and the Incident command structure for managing internal and external disasters.
• Computer experience with Windows, MS Office and Access Database required.
• Must be able to interact with caregivers and the public and be an effective coach and mentor for departmental personnel.
• Must be familiar with DNV Standards; NFPA 101, 99, and 10; National Fire Code; and ASPR Capabilities.
• Will need to demonstrate effective problem-solving techniques and good verbal and written communication skills.
REGIONAL/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Oregon West Network:
• Directs and manages Emergency Management and Parking Services in addition to Security.
• Assists in budget development and fiscal management.
• Successfully participate in local emergency management and law enforcement collaborations.
Work requires normal amounts of physical effort at least 66% of the time.
Ability to lift objects weighing 30 lbs. or less.
Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids daily.
Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, WA, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system employing approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 1,200 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities in Washington, Oregon, Alaska. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, the legacy of its founding Sisters continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn! We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefitspackage and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment!
To learn more please visit: jobs.peacehealth.org. Questions? Review our Employment FAQor email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
See how PeaceHealth is committed to Diversity & Inclusion
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws
- PeaceHealth Jobs