Cogent Infotech Scientist III, Cell Biology in Eugene, Oregon
Remote Capability: Must be local/will need to be onsite 2-4 days per week
Contract Length: March 31st, 2021
A Scientist III working in Protein and Cellular Analysis for the Biosciences R&D Team will be responsible for developing products and solutions for the detection of cellular targets and functions using cell-based and biochemical assay platforms, including but not limited to design and implementation of imaging, biochemical and flow cytometry techniques.
Responsible primarily for product development activities or in some cases, the complete product development workflow.
May serve as the technical lead or as one of several biologists on cross-functional teams.
Majority of this role involves execution and communication of technical lab work.
Contributes well-considered ideas for new products and improvements to procedures
Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
• A Ph.D. in Biosciences, Chemistry or a related field, with relevant post-doctoral industrial or academic experience or a BS/MS with 4-6 years of relevant industrial or academic experience.
• Strong background in independently developing and deploying robust, cell based assays.
• Strong knowledge of cell based and biochemical fluorescence detection technologies.
• Extensive biological laboratory and aseptic cell culture experience.
• Extensive assay development with microplate-based and traditional imaging methods.
• Experience in applying scientific principles & concepts.
• Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead research into innovative cell-based assays.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and the ability to conduct research independently as well as being a team player.
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
• Previous industrial product development experience strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of cell culture, fluorescence microscopy, and/or quantitative imaging and data analysis preferred