Aerotek Customer Service Representative in Hillsboro, Oregon
In this position you will perform general patient access and registration duties in EPIC Practice Management, such as, answer telephones, make appointments, process referrals, maintain provider templates and appointment schedules, verify patient demographics and insurance coverage. Perform general patient account management duties, such as, obtain prior authorization for services, process items in the appropriate work queues to complete registration and enter service capture data. Ensure patient accounts and coverage structures meet standards and billing requirements of various payors. Function as liaison to Patient Financial Services and the Health Plan. Communicate with external government payors and employers, as necessary. Work directly with patients on billing related matters and provide fee estimates to patients for medical services. Explain co-pays, cost shares and any other applicable fees.
DAY TO DAY:
This team will be on the phone taking 100+ calls a day.
Will be responsible for answering calls and providing a high level of customer service, having the ability to multi task, and be able to utilize a computer, utilize two monitors at a time.
On the primary care customer service team they will be receiving a wide ranges of calls, but the majority of them will be about scheduling / canceling appointments. Customer service agents will be looking at their guidelines and sending messages over to the clinics to schedule or cancel.
There will be a routing system to transfer patients who may need to speak with a different department or have an emergency. All team members are provided with a guidelines that gives them details on how to help patients and where to transfer them if need be.
These guidelines are on SharePoint and they go in and click on symptom and then read the information and streamline for calls to other areas. For example, a patient or member may be calling in about a specialty appointment (optometry, dental or dermatology) or pharmacy and this team will help get them to the correct specialty clinic or department.
The majority of these calls are inbound, but candidates need to be flexible to support outbound needs as well as business needs fluctuate. Candidates will have support from their team leads.
After training, customer service team members will be able to:
• Appointing: Review medical chart to appoint according to scripts and guidelines.
• Schedule/reschedule/cancel appointments for services, according to scripts and guidelines.
• Places calls for appointment reminders and quality measure outreach.
• Collect care specific information for Primary Care or Specialty Care services.
• Messaging: Review medical chart to collect information for messages to send to health care team.
• Routes incoming calls from patients, physicians, nurses and other departments according to scripts and guidelines.
• Answers routine administrative inquires.
• Forwards medical and other complex inquires to appropriate personnel.
• Take messages as necessary.
• Manage electronic in-basket in multiple system applications.
• Registration: Verify insurance eligibility and/or update all demographic information
• Verify health insurance coverage and follow appropriate policy/procedure.
• Complete Scheduling form with above data and transfer to the Registration for completion of the pre-registration and pre-verification functions.
• Refers to the financial counselor as appropriate.
Customer service, Data entry, Call center, Inbound call, Medical, Medical terminology, Health care, Patient access, Patient service, communication and organization skills
Top Skills Details:
Customer service, call center, healthcare, data entry, computer skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Aerotek Jobs