Daifuku Web Holding Company eFA Controls Engineer (ENG) in Hillsboro, Oregon
Daifuku America Corporation, the North American affiliate of Daifuku Japan Co., Ltd. and a dynamic high-tech company specializing in automated material handling systems, is currently seeking Controls Engineer.
This job is to provide the Controls System Engineering service of Daifuku AMHS equipment for our customers.
Daifuku AMHS products have been used in the semiconductor fabs for transporting and storing customer’s WIP (Wafer In Process).
As the Engineering service, it requires daily meeting and communication with customers on the phone and email, also communicates with Daifuku designers in Japan.
Therefore the person in this position requires excellent communication skills in listening, writing and speaking.
The accuracy of document descriptions, specification values and the cost estimation are essential tasks for this job.
The person in this position must have the ability to learn new technology in variety fields in very short time.
i.e. electronics, networking, server platform, VMware, application software configuration running over MS windows server or Linux environment.
- Obtain requirements in detail from our customer via telephone conferences and F2F meetings.
- Provide the technical proposals among Daifuku product line, customize the products configuration to fit given requirement while verifying with Daifuku designers for the feasibility, cost and lead-time of the proposal
- Verify the design and product specification against all technical and safety standards such SEMI, NEC to make sure the design of the product compiles those standards and be certifies by 3rd
- Generate AMHS controls system specification package using MS PowerPoint or/and MS Word and MS Excel by the given due date from the customer.
- Generate Engineering cost sheet for each project from the cost template, verifying with Daifuku Production Control Dept. in Japan and obtaining the quote from US suppliers.
- Support Senior Control Engineer for multiple-projects at the same time.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Possess strong oral and written communication kills
- Ability to effectively present Daifuku products
- Must be able to respond and follow up on questions and inquiries from internal and external customers
- Must be able to work overtimefor the meeting with DFK designers in Japan, package generation by the tight due date
- Required to travel around 0 to 3 times per month (Majority trips are in Domestic and International travel to Asia and Europe depending on the project site)
- Must be highly motivated to coordinate resources toward successful completion of projects
- Must have a valid US state issued driver license and a valid passport
- Be flexible to travel in very short notice
- Self-management of time and health is essential for this work since we have very limited resource in our department.
- Must be able to work at high-speed pace, under a lot of pressure and adopt cultural and language difference between US and Japan
- Must be detail oriented
- Must be able to organize and maintain equipment information matrix
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
Daifuku Webb is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or medical condition
If you need assistance accessing the career page or otherwise applying for a position, please contact 480-403-8460
# of Openings: 1
Company Division: eFA