Tokyo Electron US Holdings Inc. Field Service Engineer - Long-term temporary assignment in Hillsboro, Oregon
Field Service Engineer - Long-term temporary assignment
Long-term temporary assignment (12 months - could extend longer) through a payroll provider. Paid vacation days!
Veterans, New College Grads -- all invited to apply!
• Performs on-site installation, service, modification, and repair of semiconductor manufacturing equipment.
• Troubleshoots equipment problems.
• Maintains records and reports as required.
• Coordinates activities with peers, supervisor(s) and customers to minimize equipment downtime and interruptions.
• Orders and installs parts.
• Responds to emergency service calls as required.
• Instructs customer operating technicians on system operation and maintenance.
• Performs upgrades and modifications to equipment as needed.
• Remains current on equipment/tools through appropriate training, manuals, factory periodicals, and other relevant materials.
• Incumbents are responsible for the upkeep, maintenance and security of company property including vehicles, tools, etc.
• Employees must also maintain standards of conduct acceptable to both TEL and customers to maintain credentials for being on customer site(s).
Typical Education and Experience
Associate's Degree or minimum of 2 years of related experience; completion of military technical training and field experience may substitute for an Associate's Degree; high school diploma or equivalent required. Must be legally authorized to work in the US without Sponsorship.
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Job duties are often performed in confined areas in a clean room environment, in awkward positions and/or in high places. Mechanical aptitude, manual dexterity and ability to lift/carry objects up to 35 pounds is required. May require bending/stooping/crawling/climbing. May require the use of Personal Protective Equipment. Duties also include application of proper industry safety procedures when working with dangerous elements or conditions such as chemicals, electric currents or high voltage, moving mechanical parts, radiation, etc. Occasional travel to TEL factories, training facilities and customer locations may be required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Diversity creates an innovative culture. TEL US is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans
Tokyo Electron America, Inc.