Nvidia GPU Simulation Architect in Hillsboro, Oregon
Are you a passionate GPU programmer? Do you want to help craft the architecture of future GPUs?
A key part of NVIDIA's strength is our advanced development tools and simulation environments that enable our incredible pace of delivering new technology to market. We are looking for visionary, hard-working, and creative people to join a dynamic software team with high production-quality standards. Our work includes developing chip simulations in SW, chip test authoring languages and tools, and driving performance improvement. NVIDIA is continuously pushing the state of the art in chip development tools and infrastructure to enable the next generation of chips.
In this position, you will develop the core infrastructure for modeling, analyzing, and debugging the development of large-scale, general-purpose graphics and computing chips. This infrastructure enables our driver stack, applications, tests, and studies to run unchanged on all functional, diagnostic, and performance models, and on simulations, emulations, and silicon for all our GPUs.
What you’ll be doing:
- As a member of the team, you will play a critical part in every stage of development of a GPU
- Thrive at the interface between software drivers and the GPU simulation
- You will become the guru for running SW applications directly on simulated GPUs in diverse environments
- Capture instrumentation requirements from GPU architects who research next-gen improvements
- Coordinate with GPU architects to enable functional and performance testing for the next architecture
- Work closely with SW teams to help them deliver production-ready drivers when silicon goes to market.
- In this role, you will dramatically improve the daily workflows of the world’s top chip modelers and designers to help produce next greatest generation of GPUs.
What we need to see:
- You have a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant software development work experience
- You understand the software driver stack, either in compute (CUDA) or graphics (DX, OpenGL, or Vulkan)
- Aptitude to work across the GPU and driver stacks
- Strong C++ programming capability are required
- Knowledge of object-oriented design patterns are required
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexibility/adaptability for working in a dynamic environment with different frameworks and requirements
Ways to stand out:
- Experience with chip and/or system simulation
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience with farm compute tools/techniques like virtual machines, containers, distributed programming
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time