Tuality Healthcare Medical Social Worker (MSW)-82004 in Hillsboro, Oregon
The Medical Social Worker attends to the psychosocial aspects of patient care. This position requires the ability to use assessment tools and intervene appropriately in patient/family relationships, financial needs, emotional and social problems. Provides support for the medical staff in working with psychiatric patients. Establishes and maintains relationships with community resources. Requires thorough knowledge of and a high skill level in psychotherapeutic interventions and the utilization of community resources. By working as a team with Case Managers, coordinates and facilitates discharge planning as needed.
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited school of social work or related field such as counseling required upon hire.
- License: LCSW or CSWA required. For CSWA applicants awaiting approval for their temporary CSWA, they may be allowed to train in the position for the first 4 weeks, and then must obtain their CSWA by the end of their first 12 weeks (Proof of CSWA application submission is also required upon hire for this scenario). If hired into this position while still awaiting the temporary CSWA, new hire will be allowed to train as a clinician with Masters of Social Work, but must not present or represent themselves or the hospital as a Social Worker until they have obtained their temporary CSWA.
- Experience: Two years of social work experience in a health care setting preferred.
- Knowledge of chronic, acute and terminal illness and physical disabilities and the impact on the individual and family systems.
- Knowledge of acute and chronic mental health/illness in adults, adolescents and children and the impact on patient’s and family systems.
- Adheres to National Association of Social Workers Code of Ethics.
- Knowledge of community health and social service resources.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Experience in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Emulates THC dress code and Code of Conduct that incorporates presenting a good first and lasting impression by personal appearance and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills that utilize and considers body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This also includes the skills to obtain and interpret information appropriate to patients' needs and age as required for assessment, range of treatment and patient care.
- Ability to write clear and legible clinical notes.
- Experience working in highly confidential settings.
- Possesses excellent telephone skills and interpersonal communication abilities both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop complex case management care plans and solutions utilizing problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with computerized word processing, database and spreadsheet programs.
- Ability to implement ideas and programs required.
- Self directed and must be able to follow through on projects with attention to detail and implement ideas and programs with minimal supervision.
- Demands creativity, flexibility and the ability to work under stress
- Bilingual skills a plus.
*At OHSU Tuality Healthcare, an Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) Partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU brings the advanced medical resources of Oregon’s only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the country’s top specialists and pass that expertise on to Tuality patients where they can be cared for in their community. *
Tuality’s many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro area’s premier healthcare providers, including 7th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, Tuality’s 7th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association, and 2016 #1 Nationwide Best Hospital IT Department to work for according to Healthcare IT News.
Additional Posting Information
Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.
Department: Case Management-82000
Req #: 2020-5874
Job Type: Full Time (80 hours per pay period)
Job Locations: US-OR-Hillsboro
# of Openings: 1
Budgeted Hours Per Pay Period: 80