Stantec Safety Manager I in Hillsboro, Portland, Stayton, Oregon
MWH Constructors is a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities. We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to support projects in Portland, OR and Northwest US geographies. This position will plan, implement and supervise project safety, accident and fire protection programs in compliance with corporate safety standards.
MWHC provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities.
Under limited supervision from Safety Director, the primary responsibilities are:
• Assist in the control of hazardous working conditions and unsafe employee activities.
• Assist with work area surveillance inspections, air-sampling tests for confined space entry, property damage and personal injury investigations.
• Provide documentation of accidents, safety violations, and unsafe conditions/activities.
• Assist with the creation of documentation to insure all required records and reports are complete, accurate and submitted per established procedures, and implement appropriate corrective action as required.
• Present and hold site safety orientations for new employees, subcontractors and vendors.
• Report out to management on the safety metrics established for the jobsite and corporation.
• Work in a manner to insure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Assure employees follow safe work practices and use company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Additional assignments per Director’s direction.
Safety Manager I
• Associate's degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• At least 5 years of construction and/or industrial safety experience.
Construction, Health & Safety
• Bachelor's degree in occupational safety/health or related degree.
• BCSP certifications.
• OSHA 510; OSHA 500.
• First Aid/CPR certified and trainer.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish.
MWHC is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading pre-construction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):
United States - Oregon - Hillsboro, United States - Oregon - Stayton, United States-Oregon-Portland
Hillsboro, Portland, Stayton