Air National Guard Units AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32) in Kingsley Field, Oregon
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1366000 and is part of the Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing, National Guard.
This position is a Title 32 Excepted Service - Military position. Oregon Air National Guard military service is a condition of employment.
Learn more about this agency
As an AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (TITLE 32), WG-8852-10, this position is located within a National Guard aircraft maintenance organization. Its primary purpose is to inspect, repair, modify, and service aircraft systems, components, and assemblies, both on- and off-aircraft.
(1) Performs inspections, functional checks, and preventive maintenance on aircraft to include periodic, phase, hourly, preflight, postflight, calendar, thru-flight, and special inspections such as fuel contamination, emergency equipment, and oil sampling. Inspects and performs functional checks such as landing gear retraction and operation checks on hydraulic, electrical, pressurization, lubrication, de-icing, vacuum, induction, and exhaust systems. Installs equipment such as external tanks, tow reels, hoists, and pylons.
(2) Troubleshoots and performs unscheduled maintenance on assigned and transient aircraft, utilizing various gauges, meters, measuring devices and other related test equipment. Performs major adjustments and alignments of aircraft systems or components and assists specialists as required. Removes and replaces aircraft components such as control surfaces, engines, constant speed drive, engine mounted gear boxes, wing fuel tanks or cells, landing gear mechanisms, wheels, brakes and tires. Services oil, fluid, fuel, hydraulic, and oxygen systems. Adjusts and maintains installed equipment such as tow targets, hydraulic reels, and drive assemblies. Removes and replaces working or inoperative parts and elements. Performs operator maintenance on aircraft installed auxiliary power units. Tows, taxies, parks, and moors assigned and transient aircraft. Meets and debriefs the aircrew on the status of the aircraft. Launches and recovers assigned and transient aircraft to include those on alert status. Performs end-of-runway inspections prior to take-off. Inspects for conditions such as oil, fuel and hydraulic leaks; damaged tires; and loose panels which would make the aircraft unsafe for flight.
(3) Performs other duties as assigned.
The above description only mentions a limited amount of the position's official duties. For a full comprehensive document that covers all the duties of the position, please contact one of the Recruitment Specialist at the bottom of the announcement.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- #### Job family (Series)
8852 Aircraft Mechanic
- Aircraft Engine Specialists
Specialists, Aircraft Engine
Conditions of Employment
- National Guard Membership is required. This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Must be able to obtain/maintain a Secret Security clearance.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- Must have valid state drivers license.
- This position is covered by the Domestic Violence Misdemeanor Amendment (30 Sep 96) of the Gun Control Act (Lautenberg Amendment) of 1968. An individual convicted of a qualifying crime of domestic violence may not perform the duties of this position.
- The duties of this job may significantly impact the environment. You are responsible to maintain awareness of your environmental responsibilities as dictated by legal and regulatory requirements, your organization, and its changing mission.
- Must be able to establish effective professional working relationships with coworkers and customers, contributing to a cooperative working environment and successful accomplishment of the mission.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Military Grades: Enlisted
- Compatible Military Assignments: 2A3X3, 2A3X7
AREAS OF CONSIDERATION:
Area 1 - Current permanent or conditional Title 32 Technicians of the Oregon ANG. Area 2 - Current permanent or conditional Title 5 Employees of the Oregon ANG. Area 3 - Current service members in the Oregon ANG. Area 4 - Individuals in the Active Duty US Air Force, Air Force Reserve, or Air National Guard who hold or have held the AFSC.
GENERAL and SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Your submitted documents will be reviewed for the competencies, knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to perform the job duty listed above. Within your resume you will need to detail your capabilities. You will need to demonstrate 18 months of experiencewhich has shown work involved in the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, overhaul, and modification of fixed and rotary wing aircraft systems, airframes, components and assemblies, where the work requires substantive knowledge of the airframe and aircraft mechanical, pneudraulic, and/or electrical systems and their interrelationships. Some work situations within this series may require varying levels of electronics knowledge. Experience or training that has provided the candidate with the skill to remove and replace aircraft parts, accessories, and components, and to make adjustments and settings according to established specifications. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and test equipment along with the detailed specialized experience related to this position.
A review of your qualifications will be conducted to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are:
- Highly Qualified: Candidates in this category possess exceptional skills and experience to exceed well above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Well Qualified: Candidates in this category possess good skills and experience above the minimum requirements for this position.
- Qualified: Candidates in this category meet the minimum education and/or experience requirements for this position.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
In order to qualify for this position you must: 1. Submit complete resume and other required supporting documentation as necessary.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
Your resume showing work schedule, hours worked per week, dates (format should include Month and Year) of employment and duties performed.
Other supporting documents: DD-214, OF-306, Police Records Check Form DD-369, Resume, and SF-50
*Any AGR applicants must contact the Point of Contact's within the announcement for direction's on how to apply via email or telephone call.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Oregon National Guard 173rd Fighter Wing 211 Arnold Ave Kingsley Field, OR 97602 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application. If you have any additional questions, please contact either of the two point of contacts below.
SSG Velasquez, Pedro 503-584-3926 firstname.lastname@example.org
SSG Chitwood, Edward D. 503-584-3975 email@example.com
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514308100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 10/18/2018 to 11/19/2018
Pay scale & grade: WG 10
Salary: $25.09 to $29.28 per hour
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time