The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Senior Internal Auditor in Lake Oswego, Oregon
The Greenbrier Internal Audit team is focused on adding value to the business through control and compliance assessments, providing insights that drive process improvements and supporting corporate objectives.
As a Senior Internal Auditor, you will plan, coordinate, conduct and report on financial, internal control and operational audits. In addition, you will perform analytical reviews of the Company's activities to determine compliance with applicable policies and standards; efficiency and effectiveness of operations; reliability of information; and safeguarding of assets. The Senior Internal Auditor reports to the Internal Audit Manager.
- Evaluate whether business units are performing controls in compliance with management instructions and applicable statements of policy or procedures.
- Review the safe and efficient use of Company assets and the reliability and integrity of data by examining and evaluating the effectiveness of the system of internal controls.
- Analyze complex business processes and data to identify risks, assess the significance, recognize fraud, and communicate findings.
- Assist in investigation, evaluation, or design of new or proposed computer projects or the expansion of existing systems.
- Perform risk assessments, planning, testing and evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls consistent with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Document audit work in accordance with applicable standards to support audit findings and recommendations, ensure objectives are achieved and provide quality assurance for our workpapers and documentation.
- Effectively communicate audit findings and recommendations, both written and oral, to promote change.
- Collaborate with management to establish timely, appropriate action plans and conduct audit follow-up to management's actions plans.
- Participate in the company risk assessment by leading discussions and conducting interviews to develop or update the audit plan.
- Routinely monitor pertinent regulatory actions and guidance to ensure compliance with external regulations such as Sarbanes-Oxley, GAAP, SEC and IRS.
- Provide assistance and consulting services to management appropriately addressing risks in support of the Company's goals and objectives.
- Work closely with external auditors in examining and assessing the reliability and integrity of the Company's internal controls and financial information.
- Perform other projects or duties as assigned by the Internal Audit Manager.
- Effective verbal communication skills, individually and in groups.
- Demonstrated skills and ability to interact with employees at all levels with tact, confidentiality and diplomacy.
- Effective, clear and concise written communication, including workpaper documentation and report writing.
- Critical thinking skills in ambiguous situations.
- Skill, ability and flexibility to perform multiple tasks and functions including effective time management to meet deadlines and balance priorities.
- Proven background in being self-managed and self-motivated.
- Maintains the highest standards of conduct and ethical behavior; exercises sound professional judgment and demonstrates professional knowledge and proficiency in a variety of settings.
- Utilizes the appropriate professional standards such as AICPA Professional Standards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (IIA), COSO guidelines, and PCAOB Audit Standard No. 5.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in Business or Accounting.
- 3-5 years minimum of internal or external audit experience desired, demonstrating application of Professional Accounting and Auditing Standards and sound accounting theory.
- 2+ years of operational supply chain, information technology or finance experience in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Prior experience with SOX initiatives is desirable, especially with a background in risk assessments, control design, and operational effectiveness testing.
- CPA, CIA, CISA desired.
- Position requires up to 15% travel.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and auditing with a working knowledge of internal audit standards and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC use - word-processing, spreadsheet, data access techniques, presentation tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.
00100-Lake Oswego, OR