Riverview Community Bank Branch Manager II or III in Portland, Oregon
Responsible for the overall management and sales goals of a retail branch. Responsible to represent Riverview in a professional manner in the community and to implement marketing strategies and solicitation programs to attract new customers as well as promote utilization of products and services to new and current customers.
• Increase branch profitability and generate loan and deposit growth through business development, enhancing personal relationships and marketing efforts.
• Contribute to the development of products and services to maintain competitive position in regional market.
• Work within the scope of Riverview marketing objectives and initiatives to develop Riverview visibility and customer base through ongoing social interaction and community involvement.
• Promote a favorable image of Riverview in all business activities within the community.
• Call on and correspond with local business owners, managers, etc. to generate business sufficient to meet the branch's assigned goals.
• Establish and provide direction to help attain internal performance objectives for the branch office business volume, deposits, loan portfolio (referrals) and quality of audit reports.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Participate in and complete training objectives with passing scores.
• Facilitate training objectives, including time allotment and coordination of electives.
• Responsible to monitor and assess staff training regularly and in a timely manner.
• Continuing education for personal and professional development.
• May be called upon to assist in company-wide programs and presentations.
• Follow all Riverview policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Daily contact with customers and prospective customers to develop and maintain successful business relations - creating and utilizing opportunities to promote business and personal relationships.
• Daily contact with Assistant Branch Manager to give direction and interpretation of existing and new branch procedures.
• Frequently confer with Supervisor as well as support departments to receive direction and/or information.
• Frequent contact with individuals or organizations coordinating involvement with community events.
• Occasional contact with business representatives providing services to maintain branch facilities and/or equipment.
• Provide coordination and cooperation when interactive with internal and external customers.
Manages one subordinate supervisor who supervises a total of 1 to 5 employees (or FTE) in branch operations. Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Overall responsibility for the hiring, training and development, performance management, corrective action and/or termination of staff.
To perform this job successfully requires a higher level of independent problem solving to perform all essential duties. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required to complete advanced daily responsibilities and tasks. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university, and five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Ability to apply and communicate using management and leadership skills effectively.
• Basic knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office products and/or equivalent computer software applications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision in working with computers and documents, and peripheral vision in observing customers and employees, and keeping a general awareness of activity in and around the branch building.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock in working with standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
In supporting the accomplishment of company and departmental goals, it is the employee’s responsibility to do all that is necessary to develop business relationships and provide quality service to customers and fellow employees while furthering the positive image and interests of Riverview Community Bank. It is also the responsibility of this position to continually strive to maximize skills and professional growth both personally and for employees.
Technical Writing: Expert
Bachelors or better
Years Exp 5 or better
or a combination of education and experience or better
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)