Performance Food Group CDL A Delivery Driver in Portland, Oregon
CDL A Delivery Driver
Performance Pacific NW (1017)
AVERAGE DRIVER PAY $75K-$90K!!
Top tier driver pay for experience foodservice delivery drivers!
Performance Foodservice is growing and we are adding a CDL Class A Delivery Driver in Portland, OR!
Performance Foodservice offers:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision after 30 days!
• Quarterly Safety Bonus
• Vacation (2 weeks 1st year), personal (4 days every year), and sick time
• Generous 401k company match
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan option
• Employee purchasing perks
• Education Assistance available
• Unlimited growth opportunities
• More home time, our drivers are home most nights and weekends.
Why work for Performance Foodservice?
• Because success starts here!
• Be a part of a team that exceeds our customers’ expectations in every aspect of our business!
• We challenge you to reach your full potential and drive those key metrics to your pinnacle!
• We foster a culture of openness and trust all while maintaining our integrity when it comes to our customers.
• We love teamwork, employee success, and encourage growth opportunities from day one.
• Here at Performance Foodservice, we lead the industry by creating partnerships and growth with our customers, vendors, associates, and community. After all, when they succeed, we succeed!
The primary function of this delivery driver position is to drive a tractor trailer, tandem trailer and/or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) for restaurants, delicatessens, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, convenience stores, supermarkets and other foodservice outlets in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations.
What does a typical day in the life of a Delivery Driver look like?
• Unloading and delivery of frozen, chilled and dry food products to customer locations within assigned route
• Stock and or place products on customers’ shelves or another designed location when applicable
• Collect payments from customers and record transactions when applicable
• Resolve service complaints when able, issue credit memos for refused product, return product to warehouse and maintain effective communications with transportation supervisors, management and the sales department
• Organize end-of-day paperwork for office administration
• Perform Pre & Post trip inspections and maintain the proper temperature environment within delivery trailer
• Safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
• Safe and timely transportation of freight from origin to destination.
• Proper loading and unloading of freight to assure safety and minimal risk of damage to cargo and danger to people.
Click HERE to watch our realistic job preview for our Delivery Driver position!
Address Line 1:
19606 NE San Rafael
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• 1+ years of commercial driving experience
• 1 year food service delivery experience
• Onboard computer and electronic log system experience (i.e. PeopleNet)
• Hand-held point of delivery scanning system experience (i.e. POD)
• Customer service related work experience
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
• High school diploma/GED or state approved equivalent
• Valid CDL A
• Meet all State licensing and/or certification requirements (where applicable)
• Must be 21 years of age
• Clean Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) for past 3 years
• Pass post offer drug test and criminal background check
• Pass road test
• Valid current DOT Health Card and/or able to secure new DOT Health Card
• Able to hand-lift and utilize two-wheeler, lift gate and/or other equipment to move and/or stack product cases/freight of varying size and weight throughout shift; product generally ranges from between 10-35 pounds and up to between approximately 60 and 90 pounds, depending on the location
• 1 year of commercial driving experience
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs