Oregon Health & Science University Clinical Associate in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
The appointee shall provide services as assigned by the supervisor in furtherance of the university’s missions and goals of teaching, research, patient care, outreach and public service.
This position is under the supervision of the Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine. Responsibilities will include working with the interdisciplinary team in the emergency department to achieve quality of care, patient safety, and service excellence goals. The duties of this position are in support of the missions, goals and objectives of OHSU and the School of Medicine.
Salary Range: $223,440 - $244,054
Functions/Duties of Position
Staffing the Adventist Medical Center Emergency Department as assigned by the Chair; participation in education of medical and paramedic students, house staff and nurses; participating in Emergency Department quality assurance activities.
Education:MD or equivalent; Emergency Medicine Residency Certificate
Experience:Knowledge, training and experience in clinical and academic Emergency Medicine
Job Related Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy standards of performance delineated by law
- Ability to manage heavy workload with multiple priorities and inflexible deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in the use of computing hardware and software, including personal computing equipment, electronic medical record, word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Regular and consistent attendance at work
Registrations, Certifications and/or Licenses: Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certification required; ABEM or ABOEM Board certified or board eligible
- A qualified candidate must have a current unlimited Oregon MD (or equivalent) license prior to start date. The provider must complete the credentialing process and be approved by the OHSU Professional Board to practice as an independent practitioner in an acute care/emergency setting. The provider must be registered with Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and be authorized to prescribe medications prior to start date.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Clinical Associate
Department: Clinical Associate
Location: CDW 130
Drug Testable: Yes