Straightaway Health Careers CNA Instructor - Long Term Care RN Needed in Portland, Oregon
Are you ready to inspire the next generation of healthcare professionals by becoming a Nurse Aide Instructor? Straightaway by Relias is the leader in live and online healthcare education and is currently seeking nurses with long-term care and teaching/supervisory experience to lead quality Nurse Aide certification programs. In the current healthcare climate, healthcare staff is in demand more than ever - this is your opportunity to make a positive impact in your community!
Straightaway by Relias offers great compensation, flexibility in scheduling, and online teaching options. Experience as an instructor is preferred but is not required.
At a minimum, instructors must be:
· A Registered Nurse licensed to practice in your state with at least two years of nursing experience. (LPN/LVN may be sufficient, depending on specific state regulations)
· Experience in supervising Nurse Aides OR have completed an adult education workshop
· Physically able to perform work with patients and students in a clinical setting
· Passionate for mentoring and developing students into highly effective members of the healthcare team
· Extremely organized and detail-oriented with an adherence to all federal and state regulations and program policies
The BEST Instructors are:
• Effective communicators who exhibit a positive attitude
• Enthusiastic and compassionate advocates
• Patient, confident, and adaptable leaders sticklers for details
• Customer service champions
Instructors will be responsible for:
· Providing a top-notch educational experience for students in the classroom, lab, and clinical rotations.
· Making the learning environment engaging for students, including facilitating class discussions and skills instruction.
· Setting student expectations and communicate them clearly with the students.
· Creating a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of excellent patient care.
· Utilizing technology (Relias Learning Management System) to manage the class and student progress.
· Conducting prospective student interviews and identifying those most likely to succeed.
· Maintaining accurate records on all students, including but not limited to attendance records, schedules, course requirements regarding hours of instruction/content and exam pass rates.