Umpqua Bank Community Engagement Specialist in Portland, Oregon
Provides and coordinates administrative support for the Community Relations department, project, or program, specifically as it relates to CRA events and activities. Researches, evaluates, and prepares information relative to plans, objectives and performance as directed. Functions as an administrative key-player with responsibility for communication and liaison to departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
An associate in this job title may perform the following duties. However, these examples do not include all of the specific tasks that an employee may be expected to perform.
• Plans and coordinates with manager, a full range of administrative and staff support services, including complex project, analysis, and other responsibilities as directed.
• Coordinates, prepares, reviews, monitors and processes documents as directed.
• Standardizes procedures and notifies staff of procedural/policy changes, etc.
• Prepares materials or transaction agreements and evaluates submittals.
• Gathers data and prepares regular or periodic reports pertaining to department functions.
• Monitors and analyzes accounting reports for accuracy and budget comparisons.
• Acts as program representative for manager with other departments.
• May interpret policies, program objectives and departmental processes.
• Prepares a variety of correspondence, reports, presentations, and other materials.
• Responsible for providing analytical and/or specialized support.
• Executes special or continuous research and data analysis tasks.
• Analyzes problems, determines approach, compiles and analyzes data, and prepares reports/recommendations.
• Resolves and/or escalates complex customer problems to appropriate resources.
• Coordinates activities between departments and outside parties in support of program implementation/administration.
• Demonstrates compliance with all bank regulations for assigned job function and applies to designated job responsibilities – knowledge may be gained through coursework and on-the-job training. Keeps up to date on regulation changes.
• Follows all Bank policies and procedures, compliance regulations, and completes all required annual or job-specific training.
• Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures regarding Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations as applicable to this job description.
• May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework as subject matter expert.
• Actively learns, demonstrates, and fosters the Umpqua corporate culture in all actions and words.
• Takes personal initiative and is a positive example for others to emulate.
• Embraces our vision to become "The World's Greatest Bank."
• May perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES n/a
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• High school diploma/GED required.
• Four years of progressively responsible experience in a senior administrative support capacity.
• Advanced knowledge of a full range of the principles of department-level office management and administration; and, the ability to apply these principles in a wide variety of projects and assignments.
• Advanced knowledge of departmental office equipment, systems, practices and procedures.
• Advanced knowledge of department-related laws and regulations, confidentiality requirements, discretionary functions, and departmental policies and procedures. • Knowledge of effective verbal and written communication techniques.
• Ability to evaluate data and prepare and present reports.
• Ability to coordinate and provide quality customer service.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Ability to use a PC, complex word processing software tools for document production, and advanced skill in using spreadsheets, and other software.
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, be proactive, and maintain high organizational practices.
• Specialized experience and knowledge of the department/function, reading, writing, and arithmetic skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Work involves sitting, occasional walking, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
• Requires close visual acuity.
• Normal office environment.
• Occasional travel.
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Umpqua. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Umpqua Bank is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.