Portland State University EDU C Office Specialist 2 in Portland, Oregon
Position Number: D95923
This Office Specialist position provides administrative and clerical support to the department of Curriculum and Instruction in the Graduate School of Education.
Duties will include department operations, budget and fiscal monitoring, course scheduling/enrollment management, faculty support, and other responsibilities as assigned based on the needs of the department with continuous operations. This position reports directly to the Department Chair.
This is a half-time (20 hours per week) position and the tentative schedule is Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm.
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize tasks to meet goals and deadlines.
- High proficiency with Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Proficiency with general office software and technology programs (MS Office Suite, GSuite Apps).
- Ability to work well with and assist a diverse clientele.
- Self-directed, proactive, and demonstrated ability to initiate work.
- Experience using Banner or similar multi-user database.