Oregon Health & Science University Grand Central Analyst/Trainer (System Application Analyst) in Portland, Oregon
FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00am – 5:00pm
Salary Range: $70,179.20 - $106,270.58 Annually
Location: Portland, OR (Downtown)
Job Type: AFSCME, Union Represented
Functions/Duties of Position
The Grand Central Analyst/Trainer will have an in-depth knowledge of Epic and will: 1) Understand, develop, train, document, validate front end inpatient workflows (admitting, surgical admissions; environmental services, bed planning, transfer center, registration, etc) 2) Assume project management responsibilities for implementation projects, specific to new business and community connect; 3) Be aware of strategic organizational objectives and work with HAMD leadership and stakeholders within the organization to validate and prioritize incoming customer requests; 4) Create content and tools for users or groups of users as needed; 5) Provide clear, professional communication with Epic users, Epic team members and OHSU Leadership.
Master’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and two years’ work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and four years’ work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
Associate’s degree in computer science, a related field, or a clinical field and five years’ work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
six years’ work related experience in the information technology field or a combination of clinical or operational healthcare environments; OR
Equivalent combination of education and experience where one year of experience will be substituted for an Associate’s degree and two years of experience will be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
At least one year working knowledge of inpatient operations.
Job Related Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work in a highly autonomous role by demonstrating self-motivation and creativity in design approach.
- Ability to function effectively in a very dynamic team environment.
- Ability to proactively pursue problem resolution to satisfy customer needs.
- Ability to proactively discover/test/analyze new enhancements/features independently.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks efficiently while successfully meeting goals
- Ability to work with users to accurately assess and diagnose system problems as defined by the user.
- Working knowledge of hospital operations, ambulatory operations and the patient care process
- Demonstrated ability to independently prioritize projects.
- Previous experience in a large organization working with integrated systems.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Possesses strong presentation skills or public speaking experience to communicate information and ideas clearly, verbally and in writing.
- Experience working in large healthcare system.
- Epic Certification in any application
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Getting to Work: Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
Job Title: Grand Central Analyst/Trainer (System Application Analyst)
Department: Information Technology Group (ITG)
Location: MSB 700
Drug Testable: No