Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants Host/Hostess in Portland, Oregon
EAST-COAST ITALIAN IN DOWNTOWN PORTLAND
Ma always got the lasagne. Pop was a veal picatta guy, and it was spaghetti and meatballs with extra parmesan for the kids. But Gianni didn't even bother taking our order anymore. He'd just show us to our regular table and ask, "Il Solito?" "Il Solito," Pop said. The Usual.
What you get to do: The Host or Hostess's basic function is to provide the guests, either on the phone or in person, with information and support in a professional and gracious manner.
Your day-to-day include the following:
- Provide fair and consistent seating of guests.
- Receive and record reservations by phone or in person.
- Accurately handle paperwork.
- Receive incoming calls.
- Take room service calls and orders (if necessary).
- Check floor and tables for accuracy and cleanliness.
- Assist in bussing tables as needed.
- Maintain a clean podium.
- If any orders are "carry-out", package and check-out (if necessary)
- Stock host/hostess stand.
- Refill beverages as business demands.
- Provide information to guests as requested.
- Perform other restaurant and customer service related requests to guests.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Specific experience we're seeking:
- Prior experience preferred, but not required.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, write, and verbally communicate effectively and professionally with other business departments, guests, and vendors. Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or telephone. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. (Please note: management reserves the right to change, modify, and/or alter any of the duties listed above to meet business demands).