Hilton Laundry Lead - Embassy Suites Portland in Portland, Oregon
Laundry Supervisor is responsible for maintaining Hilton's standards of quality, overseeing the uniform room including training staff as needed and participation in the hiring process. This position will also oversee ordering and distribution of the uniforms for team members done by the uniform attendants
What will I be doing?
Laundry Supervisor is responsible for maintaining Hilton's standards of quality. In addition, you will be responsible for the following:
- Fills in positions in Laundry when needed (due to absences, breaks, etc.), Trains staff in safe operation of equipment and the use of proper processing methods.
- Ensure quality linen are being produced and separate old and damaged linen while processing.
- Instruct and inform laundry staff of schedule and equipment to be used.
- Monitor par levels and advise laundry manager when reordering is needed.
- Monitor stain percentage, damaged linen and production reports. Schedule re-wash cycles of stained linen and schedule repairs of damaged linen as needed.
- Supervise and record hourly production of pieces per operator hour.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
6 months or greater experience in housekeeping or laundry.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essentialfunctions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Good organization skills for sorting by size, color and department.
- Ability to instruct laundry and uniform room staff in the event of an emergency
- Operation of different types of equipment.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.
- Basic ability to comprehend English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security, e.g. Product safety labels and emergency instructions.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Housekeeping and Laundry
Title: Laundry Lead - Embassy Suites Portland
Requisition ID: HOT070ZK
- Hilton Jobs