Precision Castparts Corp. Millwright - LPC-S / 270 in Portland, Oregon
Job Description *
To install, troubleshoot, repair, modify and maintain manufacturing and facilities' equipment, tools and machinery. To perform work in compliance with applicable state and federal codes.
Maintenance, Installation and Repair
Objective: to maintain manufacturing and facilities' equipment, tools and machinery in proper, efficient and safe working order.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Troubleshoots, modifies, repairs and installs manufacturing machinery, tools, and equipment for vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction, heating, lubrication, abrasive and pressure cleaning systems, and their components. B. Troubleshoots and repairs facilities' operations and physical systems.
C. Performs plumbing, machining, welding and fabrication to machinery, tools and equipment components as required to maintain systems.
Objective: to plan and implement projects and provide technical assistance.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Plans and implements projects from design and layout through maintenance. B. Provides technical assistance to Engineering in design and selection of equipment and facilities. C. Develops sketches or drawings on proposed modifications.
Objective: to take responsibility for and demonstrate safe work practices.
NOTE: for job positions that require respiratory protection (more than a filtering face piece – dust mask): In compliance with the Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Division Personal Protective Equipment standard for Respiratory Protection, OAR 437, Div. 2/I 1910.134 and Oregon Health Division Rules for the Control of Radiation, OAR 333. Div. 120 (333-120-300 through 330), certain tasks within this job position require/may require the use of a NIOSH-approved respirator. An individual will not be assigned to these tasks if the person is not able to work under these conditions. Respirator selection will be based on the work performed, exposure information, duration of use and any other relevant factors. If a tight-fitting respirator is required, facial hair, temple pieces on glasses or other items that interferes with the face-to-face piece seal of the respirator are not permitted.
Essential Job Functions:
A. Adheres to plant and department safety rules. B. Safely operates all equipment and tools. C. Identifies and reports safety problems; corrects when possible. D. Recognizes and responds to Hazardous Materials spills. (TBO, LSBO only) E. May be required to complete hazardous waste training and work with hazardous waste.
Completes logs and records.
Provides work direction and training as assigned.
Other (Marginal) Accountabilities:
Performs other tasks as directed.
May be required to participate in Hazardous Materials Spill Response Team. (Voluntary at LSBO and SSBO, required at TBO)
ESSENTIAL EQUIPMENT, VEHICLES, TOOLS AND/OR MACHINERY USED:
- Dimensional Measuring Tools (calipers, micrometers, gauges, etc.)
- basic hand tools (hammers, screwdrivers, pliers, etc.)
- pallet jack
- welding and cutting torch equipment
- electric cart (TBO and LSBO only)
- hydraulic boom lift (LSBO only)
- Training is provided on the job.
- Hazardous Materials Handling Training required. (TBO only)
- PCC's Forklift Driving Safety Certification Training must be completed.
- May be required to complete Hazardous Waste Management Training.
- Advanced plumbing, machining, welding, fabrication, troubleshooting and mechanical skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of four years Journeymen Maintenance responsibilities at PCC or a comparable facility
A millwright training or apprenticeship program preferredor
An equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Valid driver's license required to drive PCC vehicles.
- Ability to repair all vacuum, hydraulic, pneumatic, induction, heating, lubrication, abrasion, and pressure systems at PCC or a comparable facility.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on blueprints, drawings, technical manuals, work orders and other technical specifications.
- Ability to assist other departments through planning and technical assistance processes. (LSBO and TBO only)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Ability to provide working supervision, work direction, and/or training as directed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations. (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division)
- Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
SHIFT TO BE DETERMINED
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 503-652-3512 for assistance. PCC Structurals is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor committed to providing priority referrals of protected veterans for its openings. Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please visit www.eeoc.gov.
Requisition ID: 177064.1