Oregon Health & Science University Network Account Executive in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Managed Care Contracting
We're here to maintain and administer Managed Care contracts for patient services provided by OHSU facility and faculty providers. Our focus is on maximizing reimbursement, limiting risk and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers.
Functions/Duties of Position
Network Account Executives are responsible for contracting relationships with small, medium and large insurance companies, including the development of contracting strategies, coordination of analytical support, negotiation and effective administration and maintenance of active contracts. Maintains high level of confidentiality due to sensitive nature of rate and language negotiated. Cultivates and maintains relationships with key payers. Negotiates contracts, reviews financial analysis for presentation, recommends financial and developmental strategies, researches problem issues and services as an “account manager.” Overall accountability for managing relationships with key OHSU Hospital and Clinic staff.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance or health care administration or the equivalent of 5 years in the health care industry.
- 3 years in managing provider and payer health care relationships.
- Must understand aspects of managed care, including institutional and professional contracting as it relates to commercial, Medicare and Medicaid payer types.
- Ability to successfully negotiate contract provisions with institutional and professional providers.
- Proven ability to lead and direct small to medium sized teams addressing complex and/or multi-disciplinary issues.
- Must possess an understanding of varying payment methodologies: DRG, APDRG, APC, ASC, Fee for Service, RBRVS, Per Diem, Per Case, Percent of Charge.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of provider and payer community.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and other PC applications as needed.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree (as listed in Required) plus a minimum of 2 years in contract administration or project development in a health care setting.
- 5 years in managing provider and payer health care relationships.
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Title: Network Account Executive
Department: Managed Care Contracting & Network Development
Location: MSB 900
Drug Testable: No
FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Office hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Portland, OR (Downtown)
Job Type: Unclassified