Oregon Health & Science University OHSU Student Worker in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Peer Tutors are responsible for providing academic assistance to undergraduate students in select coursework. Tutoring is not teaching, but rather supplemental learning for students needing additional assistance with course content. The peer tutoring program at OHSU utilizes both group and one-on-one tutoring to assist students with course topics.
Functions/Duties of Position
The duties of this position includes:
- Exhibit professional behavior and adhere to confidentiality requirements
- Review and abide by the Tutoring Code of Ethics
- Work with students in both group and individual settings
- Have availability to meet with students for a minimum of 4 hours per week.
- Coach students on study skills, note taking, organization, and time management. Coach students in clinical skills in the lab setting.
- Communicate with professors regarding individual student needs and progress
- Maintain records of tutoring activities including time keeping and tutoring notes
- Current OHSU School of Nursing Student Undergraduate Junior or Senior level
- Possess the ability and willingness to work with individuals and groups of students from diverse cultural, economic, and academic backgrounds.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Getting to Work: Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
Job Title: OHSU Student Worker
Department: School of Nursing - Klamath Falls
Location: SN OIT
Drug Testable: No
Schedule: To be determined
Salary Range: $12.00 per hour
Location: Klamath Falls, OR
Job Type: Student