Apple Physical Design Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Physical Design Engineer
- You will need to have at least 10+ years of Physical Design experience on high PHY and/or SOC designs
- Deep knowledge about industry standards and practices in Physical Design, including Physically aware synthesis, Floor-planning, and Place & Route
- Significant working experience in developing and implementing Power-grid and Clock specifications
- Deep Understanding of all aspects of Physical construction, Integration and Physical Verification
- Deep knowledge of Basic SoC Architecture and HDL languages like Verilog to be able with logic design team for timing fixes.
- Power user of industry standard Physical Design & Synthesis tools
- Shown understanding of scripting languages such as Perl/Tcl
- Extensive knowledge of Extraction and STA methodology and tools
- Deep understanding of Physical Design Verification methodology to debug LVS/DRC issues at chip/block level
As a Physical Design engineer you will be involved with all phases of physical design of high performance PHY design from RTL to delivery of our final GDSII. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: Generate block/chip level static timing constraints. Build full chip floor-plan including pin placement, partitions and power grid. Develop and validate high performance low power clock network guidelines. Perform block level place and route and close the design to meet timing, area and power constraints. Generate and Implement ECOs to fix timing, noise and EM IR violations. Run Physical design verification flow at chip/block level and provide guidelines to fix LVS/DRC violations to other designers. Participate in establishing CAD and physical design methodologies for accurate by construction designs. Assist in flow development for chip integration.
Education & Experience
Preferred Masters or PhD Degree. Bachelors Degree required.
Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocselfprintposter.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migratedfiles/employers/eeocselfprintposter.pdf .
Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 Learn more at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 (Opens in a new window) at https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/executive-order-11246 .
Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf guidelines at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf (opens in a new window) at https://sfgov.org/olse/sites/default/files/Document/FCO%20Poster%20Set%20All%20Languages%2010%2001%2018.pdf applicable in your area.
Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Learn more about the E-Verify program at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/pdf/EverifyPosterEnglish.pdf .
Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace. Reasonable Accommodation and Drug Free Workplace policy at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html Learn more at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodationdrugfree.html (Opens in a new window) at https://www.apple.com/jobs/us/accommodation_drugfree.html .
- Apple Jobs