The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. Plant Journeyman Electrician (PJ) in Portland, Oregon
General Position Summary:
PJ, J, able to maintain, install and repair production equipment and the facility. Performs repairs in one or more areas with little or no supervision in accordance with service manuals and manufacturer's specifications. PJ and J electricians should be able to install wiring for new machinery and replace electrical components in a professional workman like manner
- Installs, trouble shoots, maintains and repairs electronic controls and Equipment that require advanced technical knowledge including: Switches, controls, central and subsidiary control panels on machine tools and welding equipment. Circuits on welding machines, paint equipment, shot blasters and other process equipment
- Diagnose and remedy electrical problems on all electrical apparatusincluding communications equipment, power circuit, motors and generators
- Works from oral and written instructions, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings and code books. Has a broad knowledge of applied electrical practices, techniques and theory of operation of electrical and electronic equipment and controls
- Shall be trained in all parts ordering and issuing procedures
- Shall be trained in the operation of Ariel Man lift, Scissor Lifts
- Shall be trained in Lock out Tag out Policy and program Specific Job Skills:
Perform Installation, Repairs from oral and written instructions, wiring diagrams, schematic drawings and code books. Have a broad knowledge of applied electrical practices, techniques and theory of operation of electrical and electronic equipment and controls.
- Able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally
- work at heights of up to 150 feet off the ground, using Ladders ,scaffolding ,Ariel man lifts or scissor lifts
Able to use equipment such as hoists, cranes, and powered hand tools in a safe manner Required Education and/or Experience:
The minimum license requirement is the State of Oregon Journeymen or Plant Journeyman Electrician's license
This position is currently for Swing or Graveyard Shift - but applicants must be willing to change shift at short notice if necessary to meet production needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
The Greenbrier Companies, Inc.