BlackBerry Corporation Principal Software Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
The successful candidate can expect to work with a high-speed, high-energy scrum team, specializing in cross-platform sustaining engineering in a premier cyber security endpoint detection and response product.
Location is in Portland or Remote!
You will be joining our endpoint engineering team working on investigating, troubleshooting, identifying and fixing field reported issues with a high degree of autonomy and an emphasis on tangible results. This is a cross-functional team that fosters an environment in which each team member can fully unfold and exercise their strength for the benefit of the mission. If you are passionate about solving customer problems and protecting the world from cyberattacks then come join us in making a difference.
Cross Platform (Windows/MacOS/Linux) Software development in C# .NET, C++*
- Plans for and completes all levels of preventative and corrective maintenance within a timely manner. Troubleshoots key technical issues
- Utilize advanced debugging and troubleshooting skills on a regular basis to investigate field reported issues
- Work with product development / support team members, as well as company leadership and customers
- Mentor junior engineers and lead by example with high-quality, maintainable, well-designed and documented code
- Collaborate with team members to develop and test products, ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Employ agile development methodologies experience, extreme programming, test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and related techniques
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 8+ years of strong software development experience of which at least 4+ years have been in a sustaining role
- Proven and demonstrated experience of object-oriented programming with C# .NET, C++
- Deep Knowledge of file system, multi-threading, tasks /processes & networking systems
- Proven and demonstrated experience of developing cross platform (Windows, MacOS, Linux) applications
- Passion for conceiving, designing, building, shipping, and sustaining amazing software products
- Experience managing aggressive and dynamic projects, with competing priorities
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership - Work productively and effectively with minimal oversight. Proactively identify and communicate issues as they arise
- Demonstrated customer service mentality
- Working knowledge on tools like Git, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Jira
- Working knowledge of internals for kernel development across Linux, OSX or Windows
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues, identifying problems and contributing to solutions as needed
- Improve upon products and operations by conducting system analysis and make recommendations for solutions and improvements as needed
Security Domain experience is a plus!
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- BlackBerry Corporation Jobs