Volunteers of America Oregon Recovery Mentor in Portland, Oregon
Position Summary:This full-time Recovery Mentor position is gender-specific. The Mentor provides substance use recovery support services for African American adult men receiving care in the Harry Watson Homebase Program, a 9-bed cohort model. The Recovery Mentor also provides intensive outpatient addiction disorder services and recovery support services, at VOA InAct outpatient services program. Support services may include assistance with benefits paperwork, transportation, linkage to recovery resources, including the recovery community, escorting or driving to activities and appointments, and teaching and modeling positive recovery skills.
Education, Training & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- ACCBO Recovery Mentor certification (CRM) required.
- Experience working with men who are in recovery from substance use disorders, and men who are experiencing mental illness.
- Experience with engagement enhancement strategies.
- Mission-focused and passionate.
- Commitment to the highest level of ethical and professional standards.
- Experience with electronic health records preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, coworkers and community partners.
- Understanding of African American culture to interact effectively with participants.
- Computer literate – functional ability with Microsoft Office 365. Ability to document services in an electronic record.
* Additional Eligibility Requirements:*
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
- If recovering from a substance use related disorder, must be able to demonstrate continuous sobriety under nonresidential, independent living conditions for the immediate past two years, and maintain throughout employment duration.
- Able to drive to offsite locations using own vehicle. An active driver’s license, current insurance, a reliable vehicle and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.**
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:**
- Provide recovery support services and mentoring for Harry Watson Homebase Program clients.
- Provide services that may include assistance with benefits paperwork, transportation; linkage to recovery resources, including the recovery community; and escorting or driving to activities and appointments.
- Teach and model positive recovery skills.
- Write and maintain accurate and timely treatment documentation including electronic health records.
- Participate with team members (clinical, administrative and support staff) in a collaborative manner that contributes to healthy team functioning.
- Other duties as assigned.
*Schedule: *This position is 40 hours/week, Monday - Friday, 2pm - 10:30pm.
Pay range:Depends on Experience and/or Certifications.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Posted: November 10, 2018
Rate: $14 USD per hour
Close Date: 11/25/18