Oregon Health & Science University RN, Home Infusion Pharmacy, Resource in Portland, Oregon
Functions/Duties of Position
The OHSU registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The RN’s care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics and meets the standards/expectations of a Professional Practice Model. In that model, the RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, practitioner, and knowledge transferor. Professional accountability enriches the RN’s engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork.
The nurse in this position will provide comprehensive care to home infusion patients in an outpatient setting, including, but not limited to, the administration of antibiotics, immunologics, TPN, chemotherapy, and supportive care. The RN will be required to travel to the patient’s home and provide infusion therapy for patients. The nurse will be assigned to coordinate care and ensure the patient and family are receiving OHSU’s highest quality of nursing care. This nurse should be available to work Monday through Friday and be available to be on call.
- External applicants: Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nuring (ACEN) or Commision for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Internal applicants: Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Communication skills including fluency in oral and written English
- Basic computer skills including the ability to send/receive email, navigate information technology associated with the position, and use Electronic Health Record information and tools
- Previous Experience in ambulatory or infusion
- Minimum one year of nursing experience in Home Infusion, Ambulatory Infusion Center, or Home Health
- Current unencumbered Oregon RN and WA licenses (WA within 30 days of hire).
- Certification in Basic Life Support and PALs (PALs with in 30 days of hire)
- Valid drivers license
- Constant exposure to usual hospital environmental conditions including possible exposure to blood and body fluids for which staff is provided education and protective equipment to minimize risk
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, reach, carry, push, pull and walk throughout the work period
- Must be able to use all senses: seeing, hearing, touching, smelling, and speaking
- Able to lift 35 lbs. OHSU provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities
- This position requires frequent intervals of walking significant cumulative distances, standing for long periods of time, and bending
- Ability to lift or help position (using correctly learned body mechanics) patients weighing up to but not limited to > 200 lbs with or without assistance
- The work environment carries risk of exposure to human tissue/fluids
- Ability with or without reasonable accommodation corrective lenses and/or hearing aids to use the senses of seeing (including color vision ability), hearing, touch, and smell to make correct judgments regarding patient conditions and safely administer care
- Significant use of computers, copiers, multi-line phones, and fax
- Must be able to deal with competing needs and priorities of internal and external customers
- Current OHSU employees: BSN preferred
- Pediatric acute care experience preferred
- Previous home infusion or home health experience preferred
- INS Membership preferred
- Advanced Life Support
- Specialty Experience: 2-4 weeks
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting to Work: Commuting to OHSU is a unique experience and planning ahead for your first visit is highly recommended. Parking at OHSU is limited and employees are required to purchase a permit to access parking. OHSU is committed to reducing traffic congestion and rewards commuters for a variety of options. Learn about cash incentives, free shuttles, transit discounts, the aerial tram, dynamic carpooling, free ride share for early and late commuting, and request a custom trip plan at www.ohsu.edu/commute.
Job Title: RN, Home Infusion Pharmacy, Resource
Department: Home Infusion Pharmacy
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 0.0, Resource
Schedule: Monday-Friday, variable days & hours; 8:00am-8:00pm, cover 8 and 10 hours shifts. On call rotation required to include weekends
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Union Represented (ONA)