Oregon Health & Science University RN, Oncology Nurse Navigator,Northwest Portland Community Hematology Oncology and Infusion, Knight Cancer Institute FT, Days in Portland, Oregon
Work Unit Description
Functions/Duties of Position
Five ambulatory oncology infusion rooms located in the Portland metro area. Chair/bed number ranges from 10-15 depending on site. Provide care to both Oncology and non-Oncology patients. Open 7 days a week including holidays and weekends. The Northwest Portland clinic is located on the campus of Legacy Good Samaritan Medical Center.
The OHSU Clinical registered nurse (RN) provides compassionate, evidence-based, and efficient care to individuals, families, communities and patient populations. The Clinical RN's care delivery is consistent with the Oregon Nurse Practice Act, the ANA Scope and Standards of Practice, and the ANA Code of Ethics. The Clinical RN demonstrates the professional role obligations of scientist, leader, and knowledge transferor [Onsomble Model of the Professional Role™]. Professional accountability enriches the Clinical RN's engagement as a leader in promoting an inter-professional culture of collaborative decision-making, innovation, life-long learning, and teamwork. The Clinical RN exemplifies the principles of a Culture of Safety by committing to a Just Culture, a Reporting Culture, a Learning Culture, and an Engaged Informed Culture.
Located at five OHSU Community Hematology Oncology clinics. Operation hours/days: Monday-Friday 8 am to 5:00 pm, no weekends or holidays. Office and clinic activities. Significant telephone work.
*REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: *
- External applicants: Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing Degree from a program accredited by Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or Commission for Nursing Education Accreditation (CNEA)
- Internal applicants: Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Current, unencumbered Oregon State Registered Nurse License
- BLS at time of hire and must be issued by the American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network branch of AHA (upload documentation with online application)
- BLS must not expire during orientation or probation period, and must have the same expiration date (upload documentation with online application)
- Two years of experience in an oncology setting
- Professional demeanor.
- Strong triage skills
- Organization skills.
- Leadership ability demonstrated by role modeling.
- Communication skills.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Current OHSU employees: BSN preferred
- Recent experience in an ambulatory oncology setting.
- At least one year experience providing nursing skills over the phone.
- Demonstrated experience in patient and family education, including development of teaching materials.
- Recent experience in an Ambulatory care setting.
- OCN certification
- Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Certifications
- 4-8 weeks depending on experience
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Job Title: RN, Oncology Nurse Navigator,Northwest Portland Community Hematology Oncology and Infusion, Knight Cancer Institute FT, Days
Department: Northwest Portland Community Hematology Oncology and Infusion, Knight Cancer Institute
Drug Testable: Yes
FTE: 1.0, Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, clinic operations, 10 hour days. Start time between 0700 – 0800
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Location: Portland, OR
Job Type: Union Represented (ONA)