Sinclair Broadcast Group Sales Director in Portland, Oregon
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
KATU, KUNP and KATU.com is looking for a strong Director of Sales to help guide our local, national and digital sales efforts. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a multiple station sales and management team, in selling new business and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as strong leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
- Achieve/exceed budgeted financial goals and grow the station's revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas.
- Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level
- Manage sales for the station including local, national, new business, project and digital interactive revenue stream
- Lead the sales effort to maximize our lifestyle brands
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients, pricing our products competitively and the ability to turn ideas into revenue.
- Work with the promotions and news departments to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
- Stay up to date and study sales structures and flow of business to help the station evolve and adapt.
- Use the assets of the company to engage and inform clients / prospects to the power of our audience.
- Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, inventory control and pricing, political and FCC responsibilities, development of non-traditional revenue sources, as well as new media and strategic planning. Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Wide Orbit a plus!
- 10+ years experience in TV Sales Management
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background is a must
- Ability to grow revenue through digital interactive and other approaches
- Strong and positive leadership skills
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI or WideOrbit preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.