Advance Auto Parts Sr. DevOps Engineer in Portland, Oregon
Sr. DevOps EngineerinPortland, ORatWORLDPAC
ApplyNot ready to Apply?
- Employee Type:
- Career Type:
- Date Posted:
At Advance Auto Parts we have a passion for YES. Each day we are motivated by a passion to help our Customers. We have a commitment to advance the lives of our fellow Team Members, Customers, and the Communities where we live and work.
When you join our team, you become one of more of over 70,000 knowledgeable and experienced Team Members who are committed to providing outstanding customer service to our customers, communities and each other every day.
With over 5,100 stores in the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, we are a leading automotive aftermarket parts provider. With opportunities ranging from our front lines in our Stores to our Distribution Centers to our Corporate Support Center and our rapidly growing Professional Business, we have the career for you.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Career DescriptionJob Description
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class:
The Sr. DevOps Engineer (Systems Engineer II) will help design and build our cloud environments as we re-platform our traditional on-premise application stack to one that is modern and cloud based. You will be empowered to innovate and contribute to the definition of the standards, automation, and processes that will enable product teams to release features anytime they want. To accomplish our goals the successful candidate will influence application design, design of our value stream map, and act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for our application development teams on the principles and best practices of continuous delivery in the cloud.
Work Location: CA, WA, OR (Must be in one of these locations)
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Contributing member of the DevOps team to drive the design, development, delivery and support of our CI/CD pipelines.
• Leveraging gained and/or educational experiences in operations engineering, connected services, and information technology plus knowledge of industry best practices to innovate and influence operational approaches and solutions in traditional data centers, Network Operation Centers (NOC), and in the cloud.
• Coach, mentor and prove automated pipelines, processes & scripts makes supporting Enterprise software easier.
• Development, and continual improvement of source code management/build and release systems and tools.
• Execute on adoption of BitBucket, Jira, Jenkins, ServiceNow, CheckMarx.
• Provide assistance on these tools across IT as needed.
• Champions an agile and continuous improvement culture.
. Implement connected services for Enterprise-wide health-of-systems dashboard.
• Assists in coaching and mentoring development teams on continuous delivery best practices.
• Influence design decisions of API services in private and public clouds.
• Participate in problem solving and troubleshooting of infrastructure and applications as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of relevant education, training and experience.
• 5+ years in Application Development or Site Reliability Engineering.
• 3+ years of experience with DevOps technologies such as Jenkins, GIT/Subversion, Maven, Ant, JIRA, etc a must.
• 2+ years of experience in DevOps in a hands-on and lead role.
• Strong communication skills that effectively convey key messages, statuses and risks a must.
• Easy-going & creative personality is a must.
• Cloud provider experience such as Amazon Web Services and/or Google is required.
• Recent certification in DevOps Engineering or Site Reliability Engineering a strong plus.
• Strong familiarity with API management, SwaggerHub
• Strong familiarity with Tomcat/Liberty and Java/JEE application stacks.
• Ability to integrate Jira, Jenkins, and BitBucket (or industry equivalents, on-prem and cloud).
• Solid understanding of Networking concepts (NAT, DNS, routing, etc), with practical hands-on and administrative experience with AWS.
• Strong organizational and troubleshooting skills a must.
• Be able to work with teams with varying levels of technical backgrounds and experiences.
• Strong sense of curiosity and problem ownership.
• Experience in supporting product and agile development teams.
• Background in systems architecture is a plus.
• Testing background is a plus.
• Hands-on experience with logging and monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and ServiceNow.
• Experience with database technologies such as DB2, MySql, etc is a plus.