The Salvation Army Backroom Processor in Roseburg, Oregon
10080 061119 CN8TBRPR
Department: Thrift Store
Position Title: Warehouse Production Assistant
Status: Non-Exempt, Part Time
Posted Wage: $10.50 per hour
JOB CLOSES: 06.20.2019
Please complete the job application provided. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: A job application is not considered complete unless it is dated and signed by the job applicant. Incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
To apply in person go to The Salvation Army Roseburg Corps 3130 NE Stephens St. Roseburg, OR 97470. Please complete the application provided to you. Incomplete job applications cannot be accepted.
If you have questions about this position, please contact Captain Brent Church at Brent.Church@usw.salvationarmy.org or call 541.248.2586. Captain Church is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 503.794.3206 or email Denise.Gende@usw.salvationarmy.org. Ms. Gende will
coordinate your accommodation request with personnel at the local address specified in paragraph two above.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-
EOE of Females/Minorities/Vets/Disability
• Sick Leave
Job Requisition Number: 10080 061119 CN8TBRPR
Position Title: Bric-a-Brac Sorter/Pricier
Supervisor: Store Manager
Status: Part Time / 29 Hours
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs
in His name without discrimination.
Education – High School diploma required, or GED equivalency required
Experience: One to three years of similar job experience preferred
Scope of Position:
The reason for this position is to sort bric-a-brac and other donations, getting them ready to sell in the store, or to be placed in the Family Service Department for giving away. Further, this position will assist in keeping the warehouse clean and organized.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, good interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate with general public in a courteous manner.
• Able to address multiple clients in a timely manner.
• Responsive, detail oriented.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to take directions from your immediate supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• It is very important with this position to be self-motivated. We need for you to push yourself in order to produce as much bric-a-brac for the store as possible each day.
• Sort and price bric-a-brac according to existing price list.
• Pay very close attention to quality.
• Make sure all garage sale stickers have been removed from sale items before pricing.
• Pay close attention to the type of books, CD’s, video’s, and DVD’s that you process to put into store. Please abide by the list of what not to price in order to avoid putting out inappropriate items.
• Pack and fill merchandise (banana) boxes as tight and full as possible.
• Turn all jewelry over to Warehouse Supervisor or Operations Manager prior to break, lunch, and end of day. Must be trustworthy to turn in all moneys, all jewelry, and all antiques and collectibles. Must also be discrete when finding valuable items.
• Be discerning and watchful for collectibles, antiques, and vintage clothing.
• Keep sorting and pricing area clean and floor clear of debris for safety reasons.
• Courteously assist donors with donations and appropriately fill out donation receipts.
• Assist Warehouse Production Workers by guiding them as to which incoming donations are kept for sale, given to recycle, thrown away, or saved for Family Service Department.
• Assist in all cleanups throughout the warehouse.
• Assist and direct Community Service Workers that are assigned to help you.
• Assist with pricing small appliances and bagged items on a continual basis.
• Work together as a team to insure warehouse is in safe condition for all employees well-being.
• Assist in maintaining good co-worker / donor / & customer relations. Keep a good attitude in check. It is of utmost importance that employees be a good representation of The Salvation Army. You must also be very careful with what is said to co-workers, donors,
and customers. Keep conversation positive, polite, and gracious. Our words have an effect on others. We prefer that it be a positive one.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by your Warehouse Supervisor, Crew Leader, Store Manager, or Corps Officer.
You will be required to be familiar with and adhere to the Employee Handbook and to abide by all employee policies as explained in your “New Employee Orientation”. Make certain you read the handbook carefully and ask questions. Also, we send out memos frequently
to all employees and expect our employees to abide by the changes.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements
of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed is reasonable and no undue hardship would result.
Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs, stretch, stoop, bend, and stand for long periods of time on concrete flooring. You will be required to keep the premises, inside and out, as safe as possible. You are required to seek assistance for items that are beyond your
ability to lift by yourself. If your donation bens are too full or too high for your reach, please ask for assistance. If there is no one to assist you in this area at the time, leave it and go onto the next bin. This will assist you in keeping a safe environment
as you work.
Remember: Keep safety in your mind at all times. It is your health and comfort that is at stake!
Assist in maintaining the warehouse in a clean and safe environment. You are required to maintain the work schedule assigned unless you are directed to change it by your supervisor or Corps Officer. This position requires a high level of self-motivation. It
is expected that you manage your time well, work as a team, and keep busy. You are expected to dress in a practical, clean, and neat apparel. Remember you represent The Salvation Army to the public. You are required to conduct yourself in a manner that is
polite and consistent with the goals and mission of The Salvation Army.
This position has access to confidential and private information. It is essential that confidentiality and privacy be observed. You may see and hear things that must be kept strictly confidential. All information, whether pertinent to clients, members or benefactors
of The Salvation Army, or of The Salvation Army itself, is of a confidential or proprietary nature and it is of the utmost importance that it be treated accordingly. You must keep this kind of information to yourself, ensuring that it is not made available
to the general public. Discretion is to be used when finding valuable donations.
The chain of command at our organization is as follows: The Corps Officer is the Roseburg Salvation Army employee Director/Administrator. In many cases, there are two Corps Officers, and both are in your chain of Command. In addition, we may or may not have
Assistant Corps Officers. If we do, they could also in your chain of command, but this will be clearly stated when you have your orientation. The next person in chain of command is the Operations Manager. Your immediate supervisor is the Warehouse Supervisor.
It is expected that each employee will be familiar with The Salvation Army Western Territorial Handbook for Employees. Questions regarding its contents can be directed toward the Immediate Supervisor or the Human Resources Coordinator.
Supportive of the Mission Statement of The Salvation Army, adhere to the Code of ethics and show a willingness to respect The Salvation Army’s spiritual beliefs and philosophy of service to others.
The Salvation Army has a dress code which will be shared with you at the time of employment.
In any position with The Salvation Army, it is impossible to predict the many requests and assignments that may be made on an employee. This is the case with the position. Flexibility and a cooperative spirit are crucial characteristics of the individual who
holds this important position.
The Salvation Army reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. Its facilities and vehicles provide a smoke and drug free work environment for all employees and volunteers.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41