Work In Oregon Jobs

Jobs Currently Available in Oregon

Mobile Worksource Oregon logo

Job Information

Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration Social Worker Coordinator (Substance Use Disorder) in Roseburg, Oregon


This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more


The Substance Use Disorder Social Worker Coordinator is assigned to the Substance Use Disorder Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program (RRTP) at the Roseburg Veterans Administration Medical Center (RVAMC). Complying with policies and procedures, and in collaboration with the Program Manager, PTSD RRTP Coordinator, and other relevant staff, the incumbent will assess patient suitability for admission and continuation in the SUD RRTP, and as necessary, will ensure adequate and appropriate communication with referring providers and patients awaiting admission. Conducts psychosocial assessments to determine needs of veterans and family members. Participates in the treatment planning process with other disciplines. Participates in discharge planning with other disciplines and will be responsible for ensuring that discharge plans are executed in a manner that is timely and appropriate. Provides individual, family and group counseling as appropriate. Provides consultation/education to veterans and families on community resources, advance directives and VA benefits. Acts as a consultant to other team/staff members. Acts as liaison between VA and community resources, to include marketing and public relation duties as needed. Provides case management to veterans and families, as needed, throughout the continuum of care. Provides a full range of social work services within commonly accepted standards of social work practice which includes case work, individual, family and group counseling, discharge planning, case management and other services as appropriate. Addresses Advance Directives and Organ Donation in accordance with the standards of their work area. Provides wellness/prevention education and facilitate patient/family support groups as appropriate. The incumbent will as appropriate, supervise the practice of social work students, or a less experienced social worker. Coordinates treatment and communicate with the care lines to facilitate continuity of care for veterans. Participates in committee assignments, as deemed necessary by the service manager. Maintains data and statistical compilations to comply with JCAHO, VA and medical center policy and procedures. Assists patients and their significant others with coping and dealing with the loss and grief experiences in disability, terminal illness and death. May include occasional evenings and weekends Work Schedule: Mon-Fri 0800-1630; Tour may include occasional evenings and weekends

Financial Disclosure Report: Not required We are looking for a compassionate, energetic individual ready to make a meaningful contribution to our nation's Veterans at our dynamic, 22 bed RRTP facility in beautiful Roseburg, Oregon!


Conditions of Employment


Basic Requirements: United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy. English Language Proficiency Requirement - Per VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Chapter 3, Section A, Paragraph 3j: No person will be appointed under authority of 38 U.S.C., chapter 73 or 74, to serve in a direct patient-care capacity in VHA who is not proficient in written and spoken English. Education. Have a master's degree in social work from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the School of Social Work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work. Verification of the degree can be made by going to to verify that the social work degree meets the accreditation standards for a masters of social work. Licensure. Persons hired or reassigned to social worker positions in the GS-0185 series in VHA must be licensed or certified by a state to dependently practice social work at the master's degree level. Current state requirements may be found by going to Grade Determinations: Senior Social Worker GS-12

(1) Experience and Education: One year of experience equivalent to the GS-11 grade level. Experience must demonstrate possession of advanced practice skills and judgment, demonstrating progressively more professional competency. Candidate may have certification or other post-master's degree training from a nationally recognized professional organization or university that includes a defined curriculum/course of study and internship, or equivalent supervised professional experience.

(2) Licensure/Certification: Individuals assigned as social worker program coordinator must be licensed or certified at the advanced practice level, and must be able to provide supervision for licensure.

(3) Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: In addition to the experience above, the candidate must demonstrate all of the following KSAs: Knowledge of program coordination and administration which includes consultation, negotiation, and monitoring. Knowledge and ability to write policies, procedures, and/or practice guidelines for the program. Ability to supervise multidisciplinary staff assigned to the program. Skill in organizing work, setting priorities, meeting multiple deadlines, and evaluating assigned program area(s). Ability to provide training, orientation, and guidance within clinical practice. References: VA Handbook 5005/120 Part II, Appendix G39. Physical Requirements: Position requires performing activities including sitting, standing, walking, bending, carrying items such as books, papers, and files.


IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education. Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here: If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:

Additional Information

Receiving Service Credit or Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave: Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employee's credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed. This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies. It is the policy of the VA to not deny employment to those that have faced financial hardships or periods of unemployment. This position is in the Excepted Service and does not confer competitive status. VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply. The health-related positions in VA are covered by Title 38, and are not covered by the Schedule A excepted appointment authority. Veterans and Transitioning Service Members: Please visit the VA for Vets site for career-search tools for Veterans seeking employment at VA, career development services for our existing Veterans, and coaching and reintegration support for military service members. If you are unable to apply online view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.