WestCare Careers in Salem, Oregon
The Maintenance Worker will perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures of building. Performs various maintenance, warehouse, and storage functions. Maintains and perform various duties and additional assignments. Performs a variety of skilled duties in one or more of the building trades, such as painting, carpentry, minor electrical, or other recognized crafts for the purpose of maintaining, repairing the building.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform routine, repetitive daily inspection and maintenance necessary to building exterior/interior
- Perform semi-skilled tasks of a general nature in connection with maintenance, repair and construction tasks in the upkeep of the building
- Performs installation, maintenance, repair and construction work in the basic building maintenance trades, such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing, locksmith, carpet, flooring and mechanics
- Performs functions in the construction, installation and maintenance of roofs, furniture, fences, cabinets, shelving, marker boards/chalkboards, tack boards and a variety of other structures and items
- Performs warehouse and storage duties in connection with receiving, storage and distribution of materials as follows: Receives goods and materials and checks them against purchase orders and delivery documentation to ensure correctness of merchandise and proper condition
- Maintains warehouse and shelving in clean and orderly conditions
- Inspect properties and communicate with management regarding proper grounds keeping and general cleanup and maintenance
- Perform general grounds keeping on a daily basis; inspect areas, insure disposal areas are kept clean and in a safe condition
- Prepares and paints walls and woodwork or performs other types of refinish; installs or repairs carpet, flooring and performs custodial duties as required
- Maintains accurate records of preventative maintenance schedules, and MSDS sheets.
- May perform weekly safety checks throughout the facility to ensure a safe and clean environment for the patrons of the facility and to eliminate all hazards
- Must be able to complete OSHA 10 Training with first six months of employment
- Must be able to lift and stack objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and frequently exert 10 to 20 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects
- Work involves frequent periods of standing and walking, which may include climbing ladders and staircases
- Work involves stooping, kneeling, crouching, twisting/turning and reaching; bending at the waist. Indoor/ out-door work environment with exposure to weather extremes
- Must be able to perceive the nature of sound, utilize near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral information, and possess the manual dexterity to handle and work with various materials and objects which are essential aspects of this position If this position requires lifting of 10lbs or more please specify
Job Location: Salem - 2933 Center St NE - Salem, OR
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School
Salary Range: $40,000.00 - $40,000.00 Salary/year
Job Category: Nonprofit - Social Services