Hospice Partners of America Nurse Practitioner-PRN Hospice in Salem, Oregon
Serenity Hospice, a member of the Hospice Partners of America family, is seeking a PRN licensed Nurse Practitioner to assist with face to face visits with our patients in our Salem area. This is a great opportunity to be a part of an amazing, compassionate team while making some extra income. The opportunity to be a part of one of the most important chapters of someone's life and to make that chapter as beautiful and meaningful as it is meant to be.
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most. There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
Our licensed and credentialed Nurse Practitioners provides diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up under the supervision of 1 or more physicians. They will, at a minimum, assess disease specific changes, decline or change in function, nutrition and/or cognition, inadequately controlled pain or other distressing symptoms, falls, infections or similar events that have impacted a patient’s quality of life.
Do you demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills? Do you have the ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner? Are you self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision?
If you answered "YES" - apply TODAY!!
- Current Nurse Practitioner license in the State of Oregon.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with OR and/or company's requirements.
- Current CPR
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligation
At Serenity Hospice, our promise is that no one dies alone, afraid, or in pain.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner. (Masters of Science in Nursing)
- Nurse Practitioner specialty in Family, Adult, Geriatric or Acute Care preferred.
- A minimum of two years Nurse Practitioner experience is required.
- Current Hospice or home health experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
Tracking Code: 1156-086
Job Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Position Type: PRN