Hospice Partners of America Nurse Practitioner-PRN Hospice in Salem, Oregon
Serenity Hospice, a member of the Hospice Partners of America family, is seeking a PRN licensed Nurse Practitioner to assist with face to face visits with our patients in our Salem area.
At Serenity, we are privileged to provide end-of-life care and are dedicated to doing Whatever It Takes When It Matters The Most. There are many hospices, but only one Serenity Hospice.
- We are a caring organization whose first responsibility is to do the right thing in serving our patients.
- We value our team, treating them fairly and with respect while holding them accountable for performing their duties and providing exceptional customer service.
- We adhere to the highest ethical and compliance standards.
- We are committed to a successful future for our organization and our staff, focusing on growth, innovation and continued learning.
Our licensed and credentialed Nurse Practitioners provides diagnosis, treatment, consultation, and follow-up under the supervision of 1 or more physicians. They will, at a minimum, assess disease specific changes, decline or change in function, nutrition and/or cognition, inadequately controlled pain or other distressing symptoms, falls, infections or similar events that have impacted a patient’s quality of life.
Do you demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgment and communication skills? Do you have the ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner? Are you self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision?
If you answered "YES" - apply TODAY!!
- Current Nurse Practitioner license in the State of Oregon.
- Ability to work within an interdisciplinary setting.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with OR and/or company's requirements.
- Current CPR
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligation
At Serenity Hospice, our promise is that no one dies alone, afraid, or in pain.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing and certified as a Nurse Practitioner. (Masters of Science in Nursing)
- Nurse Practitioner specialty in Family, Adult, Geriatric or Acute Care preferred.
- A minimum of two years Nurse Practitioner experience is required.
- Current Hospice or home health experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
Tracking Code: 1156-086
Job Location: Salem, Oregon, United States
Position Type: PRN