Valmont Industries, Inc. Regional Sales Manager - Telecommunications in Salem, Oregon
3575 25th St SE Salem Oregon 97302-1123
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
LOCATION IS FLEXIBLE - CANDIDATE MUST RESIDE NEAR A MAJOR METRO AIRPORT
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position is an individual contributor responsible for leading and managing the regional sales rep organizations to support the group’s business goals in the wireless engineered support structures industry. Accountable for the achievement of in territory revenue goals by sales rep organization, product, and customer. Leads the development and promotion of knowledge, acceptance, and use of company products by users and purchasers. Responsible for building and maintaining key internal and external relationships. Establishes account strategy for internal team and rep organization and keeps all levels informed on key issues and opportunities.
· Ability to travel, primarily domestically, up to 50%
· Consistently meet or exceed assigned revenue goals
· Provide consistent and accurate market intelligence and customer forecasts and reports of activities in territory
· Develop a contracted sales rep organization’s in the Regional Manager’s assigned area, capable of marketing products and maintaining the degree of customer satisfaction
· Develop and maintain skills in: Motivating and Training People; Time Management; Professional Selling; Negotiation; Data Management; Sales Opportunity Strategy Development; Account Planning; and Networking & Relationship Building
· Provide Voice of the Customer feedback to the organization and drive continuous improvement efforts focused on the customers
· Support the launch activities of new product and services
· Develop and maintain strong customer relationships within assigned region
· Attend sales meetings, conferences and trade shows
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Responsible for customer communications and targeted new client development
· Serve as main point of contact for key customers
· Responsible for client development
· Focused on forecasting, price management, quote process management, and competitive analysis
· Leads proposal process – Customer Segmentation, Stakeholder Analysis, SWOT Analysis, and develops account strategy based on account position
· Lead contract negotiations and assist with conflict resolution
· Manage all aspects of Rep relationship including strategy deployment and defining the Rep’s role at key accounts. Accountable for managing Rep performance
· Identify and drive target engagement of all product families
· Evaluates training needs and co-ordinates with internal resources to develop strategies to meet such need
· Completes pre-bid profile on all opportunities
· Drives pre-bid and post-bid follow up from Reps and coordinates with Product Managers
· Evaluates Rep commission structure quarterly
· Completes quarterly territory plans and account plans
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years of experience in a sales management position with increasing levels of account and regional/territory management responsibilities; or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience; or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with managing rep firms
· Experience developing and executing account strategies
· Experience with value added selling
· Experience with telecom and/or wireless infrastructure industry background with 10+ years of combined experience in site acquisition, RF equipment (antennas, radios), tower structure sales or other wireless site development support.
· Demonstrated leadership, commercial competencies, cross functional team building and communication skills
· Ability to travel up to 50% domestically
· Valid US driver’s license
· Demonstrated ability to handle delicate customer negotiations
· Ability to use sound judgment in decisions in order to gain customer satisfaction, at the same time protecting the company interest
· Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely present information to management and customers
· The ability to organize and manage multiple, simultaneous priorities
· Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Ten years of sales management experience
· Strong understanding of channels of distribution
· Relationships with primary customers in Wireless segments
· Relationships with engineers and architectural firms, specifiers, site acquisition and influencers focused on the wireless segment
· Understanding of the telecom marketplace considering the overlap we’re observing in the lighting and traffic spaces
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Most of the overnight domestic travel, which represents approximately 50% of the year, is within the assigned territory. Work is typically performed in an office or vehicle setting when traveling to meet with customer. The incumbent is regularly required to sit and/or drive for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and participate in meetings. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.
Valmont Industries, Inc.
- Valmont Industries, Inc. Jobs