Weyerhaeuser Log/Chip Yard Manager in Springfield, Oregon
This role is part of our Western Timberlands business unit, reporting to the Oregon Marketing Team Leader and a key member of our team in that region. This role manages our Timberlands Optimization (TOPS) log merchandising and chip facility and is responsible for the sourcing of the yard. This full-time, salaried exempt position is based in Springfield, Oregon.
- Strong advocate for safety within the team and at the TOPS facility
- Manage the TOPS facility consisting of approx. 13 bargaining unit employees
- Responsibilities include supplier relations and management of the log procurement for the facility
- Negotiate chip sales
- Ensure logs are merchandized appropriately to maximize margin
- Provide safety and environmental training to the crew
- Develop and implement the annual TOPS budget
- Develop and implement a monthly TOPS rotation schedule
- Effectively communicate and present key customer and supply chain information to the operating teams
Be a leader for TOPS operational excellence to drive value back to the company
Prefer Bachelor of Science degree – forestry or business or equivalent work experience considered
- 5 or more years of timber operations and/or marketing experience
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred, ideally in a unionized environment
- Must be highly motivated and self-directed team player with strong communication (written and oral), planning, facilitation, problem-solving, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Solid business acumen, with ability to influence others, effectively negotiate and administer contracts
- Knowledge of log, timber and chip values, scaling/grading rules, and timber stand value optimization
- Familiar with regional timber type, with a working knowledge of the various sorts (e.g. domestic, export, poles, etc.) and associated values
- Competent computer skills with experience in applications such as MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with state and federal wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes
- Current driver’s license is required as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (10,000 miles per year)
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Log/Chip Yard Manager
Requisition ID: 01015672
- Weyerhaeuser Jobs