Kronos Application Consultant II in Tigard, Oregon
Application Consultant II
Atlanta - Georgia - USA, Bakersfield - California - USA, Boston - Massachusetts - USA, Boulder - Colorado - USA, Chicago - Illinois - USA, Dallas - Texas - USA, Denver - Colorado - USA, Houston - Texas - USA, Irvine - California - USA, Los Angeles - California - USA, Lowell - Massachusetts - USA, Orlando - Florida - USA, Portland - Oregon - USA, San Diego - California - USA, San Francisco - California - USA, Seattle - Washington - USA, Tigard - Oregon - USA
Professional Services and Consulting
The Kronos Technical Upgrade Team is an exciting division of Kronos which has experienced incredible growth over the past few years. If you are interested in taking your career to the next level by enhancing your Workforce Central (WFC) products knowledge and improving your customer consulting skills, then this is the job for you! We are seeking talented professionals who are interested in being part of our dynamic, fast-paced environment and are eager to develop their career and make a difference for Kronos.
As a consultant with our team you will be responsible for the following:
• Engage with our clients to understand their business needs regarding the WFC products and upgrade processes
• Prepare Cloud environments for customer review, validation and training.
• Redeployment of Interfaces and building of navigators
• Develop, deliver and review Open Project Testing Workbook with customer
• Provide customer team support and leverage your product knowledge to consult on best practices and assist clients with completing a successful upgrade following the Initiate, Collaborate and Adopt phases
• Work cross-functionally and within a team on new client implementation, upgrade, and change order projects related to the WFC software
• Provide significant transfer of Kronos product knowledge to Kronos customer
Individuals looking to be a part of our talented team should possess the following:
• Minimum of two years of WFC experience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
• Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical issues
• Proven history of success with customer service
• Experience on Kronos Cloud, Paragon, Open Project, Smart Sheets, Excel preferred
You’re empowered when you’re a Kronite.
Want to be part of an elite group of highly skilled professionals? We think our employees are a special group of talented, energetic, and innovative people. And for that reason, we refer to ourselves as Kronites. Kronites care about more than just work. We recognize the need to maintain a healthy work-life balance – to live inspired. In fact, it’s expected! You’ll soon learn that we take work and fun seriously. No matter what position you hold at Kronos, you’re a Kronite. And we want you to feel like you have the power to make a difference in your life and the lives of others, at work and beyond. Want to learn more about our culture? Follow us on Twitter @work4kronos. #MyWorkInspired
Kronos is a global provider of workforce management and human capital management cloud solutions. Kronos’ industry-specific workforce applications are purpose built for businesses, healthcare providers, educational institutions and government agencies of all sizes. Tens of thousands of organizations – including half of the Fortune 1000® - and more than 40 million people in over 100 countries use Kronos every day.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Kronos Jobs