Wolf Creek Federal Services Property Specialist in TROUTDALE, Oregon
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description Of Job:
The Property Specialist is responsible for control and accountability of all required documentation for government equipment utilized on center per Government and management restrictions.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Manage the daily operation and required administration of the warehouse, to ensure conformance with hours of operation, appropriate; appearance, security, and safety of warehouse and property storage area.
- Monitor purchase requisitions for accountable and expendable property purchases and issue expendable items from center inventory.
- Recommend new and revised policies and procedures appropriate to improve property management; implement those policies and procedures approved by management.
- Perform annual inventory of all trackable government property on center. Prepare report of discrepancies with explanations.
- Provide inventory lists and instructions to property custodians for quarterly certification inventories.
- Coordinate and control property movement on center (transfers). Maintain property files (transfers, quarterly certifications, acquisitions).
- Ensure all property data is input into electronic property management systems (EPMS) in a timely manner.
- Dispose of government property in accordance with all applicable government and management directives.
- Locate and obtain government surplus property for use on the center.
- Initiate required investigation of missing property when appropriate.
- Keep and maintain an of center property repair log.
- Train and communicate with center staff to ensure compliance with center control procedures.
- Maintain accountability of students and property; adhere to safety practices.
- Cultivate and maintain a climate on center which is free of harassment, intimidation, and disrespect to provide a safe place for staff and students to work and learn.
- Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed. Promote feedback to members of the Job Corps team.
- May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Procedures affecting procurement.
- Vendor selection based on competitive bid process.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years related work experience.
- Valid driver’s license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass a background check.
- Associate’s degree.
- Property management with a Government contractor.
Primary Location: US-Oregon-TROUTDALE
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: OR010146
Req ID: OR010146