CVS Health Network Engineer in Tualatin, Oregon
The Wellpartner Network Engineer is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operation of the production datacenter, standby datacenter, and cloud connectivity while supporting the ongoing design, deployment, and management of all network assets including firewalls, perimeter and core routing & switching infrastructure, DCI/Interconnects, VPN concentrators, and other network elements. The position will be a point of contact for the troubleshooting and support of all networking technologies essential to the Wellpartner operating environment. Additionally, the role will provide systems support, intermittent helpdesk support for escalated calls, and project management for implementations. Position reports into Wellpartner infrastructure operations management.
• Provide ongoing VPN tunnel engineering and implementation support with a focus on onboarding new covered entities, addressing VPN peer and tunnel migrations, whitelisting, and managing related IPSec policy, configuration, and ongoing process development
• Participate in ongoing engineering/design efforts in support of platform capacity expansion, network element changes/upgrades, and network design changes to support the continued growth and development of the Wellpartner operating environment
• Implement and support ongoing network management functions using industry standard tooling including Netflow/Sflow, RMON, SNMP, and Syslog. Leverage PRTG, Solarwinds, and similar tooling to support performance management, capacity planning, and problem detection/resolution for network environment.
• Enhance ongoing network provisioning and associated processes through automation using Powershell, Python, or similar scripting/programming languages
• 8+ Years Proven experience deploying, configuring, and supporting LAN/WAN technologies, including VLANs, STP, ACL, IPSec VPN tunnels, VRF, VRRP-E/HSRP, and BGP/OSPF protocols with a focus on Cisco, Brocade, Arista, or similar vendors
• 3+ Years managing IPv4 DIA gateway networking leveraging eBGP, route-maps, reflectors, prefix-lists, and associated config elements
• 4+ Years of supporting IPSec tunnel configuration and ongoing operations with a focus on Cisco ASA, Firepower, and similar NGFW or traditional routed firewall platforms
• 2+ Years Experience with Brocade VDX or other IP storage fabrics
• 4+ Experience with PRTG, Solarwinds Orion, or similar health and performance monitoring toolsets required
• 4+ Years of technical writing and diagramming using Microsoft Visio, Excel, and Word
• Proven experience in change and incident management processes leveraging implementations including HPSM and ServiceNow
• Ability to effectively communicate business and technical needs to different audiences.
• Strong understanding of Wellpartner 340B VPN tunnel management and coordination process
• Must have proven knowledge of Ansible, Puppet, yang, netconf, or similar configuration management tooling
• Solid understand of AWS/Azure/GCP or similar Cloud/SDN environment and associated logical network element configuration and best practices. Direct Connect & Express Route experience highly desireable.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently
• Strong project/time management skills
• Familiarity with HIPAA, PCI, or other security-focused regulatory laws
• Verifiable high school diploma/GED
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or similar discipline preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
- CVS Health Jobs