Eaton Corporation Material Handler in Wilsonville, Oregon
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Material Handler on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based in our Wilsonville, OR facility.
The primary function of this position is to sort, distribute, supply and package materials. The material handler will be operating forklifts, pallet jacks and elevated work equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
• You will be in ownership of incoming Advanced Purchase or application specific parts as well as Kanban material; ensure timely cycling and replenishment of materials, while maintaining accurate records of inventory
• You will be moving material throughout assigned product lines, as needed; efficiently sort and manage incoming materials to assist in expediting production: (ex-kitting). This will include daily, regular communication and collaboration with the Supervisor, line leads, and the supply chain team to ensure the proper placement/storage of material, and to confirm stock levels of purchased parts.
• You will be loading and unloading of incoming material trucks, as well as assisting with unloading of truck
• You will work with Supply Chain team to store and manage excess and/or obsolete material per final dispositions
• You will have daily regular communication with line leads to project stock levels of parts required for upcoming jobs, including increasing and decreasing stock levels based on production needs
• You will be recognizing urgent requests from Supervisor and production employees with executing with immediate action and support upon receiving those requests
• You will be writing DMRs as necessary- responsible for evaluating and reporting damaged or inaccurately ordered incoming materials
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required from an accredited institution
No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Wilsonville, OR in order to be considered.
Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Minimum of 6 months of material handling and forklift experience
Able to lift 35 pounds – waist, shoulder, overhead
Forklift certification or ability to obtain forklift certification
Ability to climb ladders
Proven history of safe work habits and high dependability
Must be able to work effectively without direct supervision
Computer skills – Microsoft Office, Internet, Excel, etc.
Must be able to work overtime – weekdays and weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.