Mentor, A Siemens Business Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9694 in Wilsonville, Oregon
Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9694
Work Location US - OR, Wilsonville
Req ID 9694
Job Category R&D/Software Engineering
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Software Development Engineer - IIT - 9694
Job Location: USA - OR - Wilsonville
Job Category: R&D/Software Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated software engineer to work in the IIT team in the Calibre business unit. You will be responsible for enhancing and supporting Calibre RVE and Calibre Interactive product software.
You will be teaming up with a group of senior software engineers to contribute to new components and algorithms and to support existing components. You will be collaborating with quality assurance, technical publications, marketing, and customer support to deliver high-quality products on schedule. You will participate in scheduling and estimation of tasks, and assist in defining and developing software development best practices. Self-motivation, the desire to take technical ownership, and a results-driven positive attitude and team-orientation will contribute to your success in our business unit.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of software engineering experience in a C/C++, Unix environment
- Strong analysis, design and problem solving skills, along with object-oriented programming experience
Knowledge and prior experience in the following areas is desired:
- Experience with developing flows and user interfaces with Tcl/Tk and/or Qt
- Experience with IC layout software from Cadence, Synopsys, or Mentor
- Adherence to tenets of quality software development and craftsmanship
- Proven attention to detail, the ability to accurately estimate software tasks and to work to schedule
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.